Good News in the News for a Change?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am astonished to read this article, I do confess, for my impression is that at least the fear of violence is higher than it was when I was young. Maybe that's just the evolution of my own perceptions so that I see the risk factors that I used to miss when I was twenty-odd?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22275280

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think have read that it is true of the USA as well, that the crime rates for violent crimes have fallen. Must be the common language. :uhyeah:

Any place that happens it is good news of course. I certainly hope it continues.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If the stats are valid, then that's good news. While I may disagree with some of the reasons behind the decline, I strongly agree with this:

BBC home editor Mark Easton called it the "riddle of peacefulness" and said the fall in violence was "perhaps a symptom of a new morality".

The best solution to problems of society come from within its own people and culture. No amount of forced restrictive legislation can hold nearly as much power as the morality of the people, and much of this is instilled by the parents.

Latest Discussions