Girls, what's under your gi?

OP
J

Jill666

My instructor also requires a school t-shirt under the gi, but I wear the tank just the same. The t-shirt comes out on testing day.

But I an appreciate your point, especially for beginning belts as they become accustomed to the level of contact in the dojo. Later on it should be a non-issue, as both women & men become more focused on their training.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Rich....thank you for the lovely mental picture..... **shudder**

:D

Originally posted by Cali

Personally, I would prefer not to have a mental picture of that...

My Mission has been accomplished
:asian:

OP
J

Jill666

Hahahaha the ancient art of distraction...

then when they are busy coping with the image- :boxing:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
Hahahaha the ancient art of distraction...

then when they are busy coping with the image- :boxing:

Jill,

You are giving away my secrets :D

:rofl: :asian:

OP
M

MartialArtsGuy

Well, atleast there are some others enjoying this thread as much as I am! :D

OP
L

Lucy Rhombus

Well, I tried out my new white tank top yesterday. I thought I was going to die from the heat during the warmup, but soon I became so focused on the workout that I stopped noticing. And it was so nice not to care whenever my gi top opened a little bit! Ah, freedom.

Also, the non-wedgifying undies (cute, a little low on the leg like boy-shorts) were a godsend. Nice not to have to deal with the conundrum: When you have to pull a wedgie, do you face away from the shinza, giving the masters a good look at your wedgie-extraction, or break tradition and face the shinza?

OP
L

Lucy Rhombus

Originally posted by nightingale8472
depends....

what's a shinza?

It's the front wall of the dojo, where the pictures of the masters hang. We bow to them on the way in and out of the dojo and before and after kata, and when we have to re-tie our belts or adjust our gis, we're supposed to turn away from them (and also away from sensei and the other students if possible).

Anyway, I was just being facetious -- when I have a wedgie, I make sure to dispatch myself to the farthest corner of the room where nobody can see me!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Lucy Rhombus
when we have to re-tie our belts or adjust our gis, we're supposed to turn away from them (and also away from sensei and the other students if possible).

Very interesting. American Kenpo has both Chinese and Japanese
influences (mostly Chinese though). We have to face the back, to
re-tie/adjust ... cool to find out where that stems from.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I see that this thread may not be for me but for me personally I found that wearing tight biking short works the best for holding in cup problems. :asian:

I saw this thread, and thought, why is this here.? My curisoity got the best of me, and went in anyway. Who do I find, but Mr. Farnsworth advertising his tight bikini Spiderman underwear, and a cup. And this, from an IKKO man? It's a good thing the Goldendragon is "down under," oh, wait...........he might like this thread himself!:barf:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
depending on the weather and lately that's nothing but rain and humidity, I wear anything from 'UnderArmor' to a sports bra. The UnderArmor is meant to wear under a bullet proof vest and I love it under a Gi top as it is sooo light weight and it really 'breathes'. When the weather is warm we wear black t-shirts and our gi bottoms.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
I wear anything

Quick, somebody lock this thread before Ricardo comes back and asks for more.
:roflmao:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This should go in the humor thread LOL.

About picking wedgies, I just kinda ........ well pick my wedgie. Who doesn't??? :rofl: I don't want my panties in a bunch hehehehehe

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm speechless.

After reading a few of these, I'm at a loss for words....

wow.

:rofl:

:asian: (little bowing guy going "you gotta wedgie?")

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
under armour is great under a vest but I don't think I could wear it anywhere else. The fabric is too "slimy" for my liking. (but it beats having a t shirt absorb 5x its weight in sweat....)

Chad

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by dearnis.com
under armour is great under a vest but I don't think I could wear it anywhere else. The fabric is too "slimy" for my liking. (but it beats having a t shirt absorb 5x its weight in sweat....)

Chad

There's a handful of us that wear the underarmor, a couple of the guys and myself, as far as 'slimy', that doesn't bother me, but then being a female, I tend to wear silk and satins :)
Underarmor does absorb the sweat ~! I, for one, don't care for the feeling of sweat 'dripping'.

Latest Discussions