Getting together for seminars?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, Xue drove though my town about a year ago, passed within a couple hundred yards of my house, and didn’t bother to stop and say hi.

Of course if he had stopped in I would not have known he was coming, but he probably would have still expected a cake...
I don't think we've ever had a case when someone came to our house and walked away hungry - whether it was planned or someone just crashed for a day. I am sure we could figure out something so @Xue Sheng would not walk away hungry. We could probably even manage to make it vegetarian. Most likely.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think we've ever had a case when someone came to our house and walked away hungry - whether it was planned or someone just crashed for a day. I am sure we could figure out something so @Xue Sheng would not walk away hungry. We could probably even manage to make it vegetarian. Most likely.
Oh yeah, I could feed him. It’s just that he would EXPECT cake...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Xue drove though my town about a year ago, passed within a couple hundred yards of my house, and didn’t bother to stop and say hi.

Of course if he had stopped in I would not have known he was coming, but he probably would have still expected a cake...
But not bacon. He would not expect bacon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Well....I...aaa.... I Plead the 5th.....:D

I had no idea you were that close when I drove by....and don't let the fact I waved as I went by give you the impression I was intentionally not stopping or had any idea where you lived..... besides...I didn't see a cake :D

Actually in all seriousness, I had no idea. I was just the chauffer for the family driving up the coast and going where I was told to go.

There is another trip out your way in my future, but I am not yet sure where exactly just yet...when I do, I will let you know...no cake required

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you worried about? We'll sic the hellhound on him if he misbehaves.
For those in the audience not familiar, this is the hellhound:

523CD979-BC9C-4865-A7F5-BB73FAC31162.jpeg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

oh YEAH....how close to Williamsburg are you?

I actually have no idea, I am just throwing that out there as a place I have been and left hungry...mostly because I had not eaten yet...but that's beside the point

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're on. Bring your A game, girl. Maybe we'll have bacon for dessert.
Have you tried chocolate-dipped bacon? I know it's a thing but I am reluctant to try. I love dark chocolate. I love bacon. But I don't know whether it's a good idea to combine the two.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh YEAH....how close to Williamsburg are you?

I actually have no idea, I am just throwing that out there as a place I have been and left hungry...mostly because I had not eaten yet...but that's beside the point
6-1/2 - 7 hours from Williamsburg, VA to where we are, depending on the traffic. At our house, anything under 10 hours is considered a reasonable driving distance - and we often bend that rule.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually bacon could be categorized as Xue repellant...however there are those in the Xue family who do like bacon.....
What about things that are theoretically bacon but don't look like bacon? Pancetta, prosciutto? Things like that... bacon for sophisticated people.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my experience that never seems to happen. You just trade one hectic for another.
Normally I agree with this. But had a bit of an upspike, hoping to get to a base level of hectic again. Once I do that, I should have some free time to mess around with computers again.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you tried chocolate-dipped bacon? I know it's a thing but I am reluctant to try. I love dark chocolate. I love bacon. But I don't know whether it's a good idea to combine the two.

I just took a photo of a bacon chocolate bar a couple days ago. But it's on my phone and I can't post it.

I love chocolate. And I love bacon. But together....nah. I'd have to be really stoned and have a case of the horrors to eat that.

Latest Discussions