Fukuoka

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Alright, so I am heading into Fukuoka in a couple of days, I have iaido and jodo practices lined up every evening. Hopefully getting sore, bruised and challenged will do my practice a world of good!

My question is, what is there to do in this part of Japan in the daytime?

TripAdvisor has thrown out of suggestions, but honestly? No matter how beautiful, I can only handle so many parks and Temples.....

Thoughts?

extrion

White Belt
Reaction score
Ken,

Check out Lonely Planet as it has a lot of info about the area sights, restaurants and the like and this site, it has a number of things and events in the area. If you are there after Nov 13th it looks like there is a sumo tournament going on. I spent 3 weeks in Kyoto Japan back in April/May, for a DNBK event for one week and then stayed to sight see for two more, but Yamaguchi was as far west as I made it so I don't have anything in that area that I can recommend from experience. If you will have time to travel around check out the Japan West Rail passes, you can get them much cheaper as a tourist and they can open up a lot of area to check out and include certain Shinkansen lines. Have fun.

Aaron

Latest Discussions