From Chinese to Empty - Why the change

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure that even in The Great State Of Texas, the Coca-cola company will slap a fine on a company that sells you Pepsi when you ask for a coke. :)

There are a couple of well known universities here in Atlanta that Coke has their wallets invested in. One of them is in the shadow of Mount Coke-dor. At that one, there is a food court sized national pizza company restaurant on campus. They normally sell only Pepsi products since ... well, PepsiCo owns them. Not this one... Coke only. All of the latest & greatest innovative dispensing machines can be found here too. All of them carrying various flavors of Coke... water flavored coke, sports drink flavored coke, coke flavored coke, etc...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that even in The Great State Of Texas, the Coca-cola company will slap a fine on a company that sells you Pepsi when you ask for a coke. :)

"I'll take a coke..."

"Pepsi OK?"

Grew up using coke fairly interchangeably as soda, sometimes more specifically the particular drink by name. Use soda generally now, though my wife uses pop. You hear soda pop a lot in my house.