Free training, but is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pittjunky

I recently answered and add that read, "Karate instructors wanted, no experience necessary we will train." Now, the deal is that during your 800 hours of training they don't pay you anything because you are getting trained for free. But I have only been there for a month and a half, and we are to go monday through friday from 6:00 to 10:00. We had to by one of their gees, but I expected that. What I was needing to know concerns the testing fees when we go for the next belt. The stile they are teaching us is Chinese Kenpo, he is charging us $115.00 per test. I've done as much research as I can to figure out why he charges what he does for testing. The belts cost about $5.00 to maybe $10.00, and we are also supposed to get a registered certificate but I've been waiting a couple of weeks and still haven't received mine.

Question #1) What does a certificate cost, and besides the belt what would he possibly need the rest of it for besides his wallet?

Question #2) Can I use the belt certificates at other Kenpo schools, and how can I tell if it is a legitimate certificate.

Question #3) After the 800 hours will I be able to go somewhere els? What are the rules and regulations that govern that?

I would really appreciate any help you could give me. I'm a serious student who isn't worried about getting belts, I care about results. I want the skills not just the rank. I'm already a purple belt and it's only been a couple of months.

Arigato and Thank you,

J.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions