The Perfect Weapon on DVD soon?

B

baronv

Does anyone have any idea if this Jeff Speakman movie will ever come out on DVD? This is one of the few MA films I actually dig and watch over, but my VHS copy is getting pretty old.

OP
K

Kirk

Hmm .. wonder if Mr Speakman would know? You should try
emailing him.

OP
P

pineapple head

A VHS copy would do me , where could i purchase one?

OP
F

FlashingDaggers

I would love for it to come out on DVD!!

OP
D

DRMiller

Another Speakman movie I was looking for was on TV at midnight the other night. It was the family pilot he did called Escape from Atlantis. Not a bad movie if you like family entertainment but definitely not on par with the perfect weapon which was the first and in my opinion the best he has done so far.

OP
W

Warrior42

I would hope that it would come out on DVD. I know that some DVD's have extra bonus features. I have seen a promotional copy of "The Perfect Weapon" and it had behind the scenes section as well as an interview with Mr. Parker. But, I think that this is a rare find. I would definitely add it to my collection if they came out with it.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I recently picked up a copy of Land of the Free, Jeff Speakman and William Shatner sharing screen time. Oh twas a rolicking good time! I really want to see his two latest, a Promise Kept I think was the name and Hot Boyz. What can I say, I'm an unabashed Speakman fan.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I bought my copy of The Perfect Weapon (last year in 2002) here
http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.a...HT_Search_Info=perfect+weapon&HT_Search=TITLE

it is $12.
http://www.cduniverse.com/
also sells videos as videouniverse.com but they are linked together on the same site. When I bought mine it was $9 and this was about the only place that had one. It was new. At least it was shrink wrapped.

I don't even know if I've watched it, but I had Mr. Speakman autograph it for me in December.

In December Mr.Speakman also said he has no idea when something is on TV or going to DVD or anything else. The don't call him or anything of the sort.

I also think I heard somewhere that it is not likely there will be a Perfect Weapon DVD. Not an official one anyway.

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

The funniest part of this whole thread is when Jeff came by studio shortly after Street Knight came out he told me that The Perfect Weapon was just a kid's movie. I told him I liked it and he needed to make another one just like it, he sneared. Sad thing is he's been trying to live up to that one movie for so long and it ain't happening.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Hollywood1340
I recently picked up a copy of Land of the Free, Jeff Speakman and William Shatner sharing screen time. Oh twas a rolicking good time! I really want to see his two latest, a Promise Kept I think was the name and Hot Boyz. What can I say, I'm an unabashed Speakman fan.
Personally, I feel HotBoyz was a disgrace to American Kenpo in general and to Mr. Speakman in particular.

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
The funniest part of this whole thread is when Jeff came by studio shortly after Street Knight came out he told me that The Perfect Weapon was just a kid's movie. I told him I liked it and he needed to make another one just like it, he sneared. Sad thing is he's been trying to live up to that one movie for so long and it ain't happening.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

I agree...he needs to try to do another one like it...kids movie or not. I was with SEVERAL ADULTS who liked it very much! I agree totally Clyde!

OP
S

superdave

I agree The Perfect Weapon was the best he had made. Deadly Outbreak had some cool fight scenes, also.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
be cool if the dvd version (when it comes out) has some behind the scenes, interviews, missing footage and what not. You can go to your local store where you buy dvd's and they can order you a copy in dvd format but It's just a vhs copied to dvd. There won't be any extra stuff on it.

OP
R

roryneil

All his movies have some great moves and fight scenes, but they all disappoint after Perfect Weapon. I have never enjoyed any movie twice but I've watched that one about a hundred times. It's like "Ok the fight in the shop, then take out the four guys at once, then go to the TKD club and show them up (awesome) then go to the Crock Pit...". It's just one awesome fight scene after another. I don't enjoy the paramilitary aspects of Running Red and Deadly Outbreak.

OP
K

Kroy

Most video stores get a pre release of movies (to make sure that they want to buy it) and I saw the pre release of "The Perfect Weapon" and it had extra footage of the making of it. Mr. Parker was in it and they also showed the alley fight scene being done. It was really cool. Hopefully they will add that onto the DVD version (if we ever see it)