For us old guys

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I must be REALLY old. I've still got his video tape of T'ai Chi complete with his star ship troopers in the background!!!!
When I look at my student's hair style, I know I'm old. :arghh:

break.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was in the military when it came out. A lot of jokes from many about Carradine and his abilities.
I was in the RAF then, didn't notice it much to be honest though it may have come here later than when it was first on in the States.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was in the RAF then, didn't notice it much to be honest though it may have come here later than when it was first on in the States.

I believe he admitted on a talk show at that time that all he was doing was dancing around, the stunt people did everything else.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have burned it, but I used to use it in class as an example of how NOT to do T'ai Chi.

Very best wishes

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was in double digits also.

Wasn't his tai chi tape cooked up by the technical fight director of the show, a southern kung fu stylist I think. Seems I heard something like that long ago.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to have the series on DVD, maybe I'll buy it. I find to my modern eyes the martial arts in the series is lackluster but the part I always enjoyed were the Zen and philosophy of the characters.

Latest Discussions