For the Older Martial Artists

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
fencing.jpg

The first rule of elderly fight club: Uh, I knew it a second ago...

What's so funny about it?

If you live to that age that may well be all the martial arts your body is up for.

Personally I think it is great! My oldest student who takes privates is 83 and he is exceptionally fit. He moves like fifty year old. Truly an inspiration.

One of mine is a 60 yr old former Marine. He's tough as nails but has a bit of trouble moving fluidly. Still, I can see him doing that... hell, I can see ME doing that and having a blast.

That's cool. In our organization we just recently tested four ladies to 1st degree. They range in age from 68 to 83.

Do you have to be proficient with cane fighting before you can advance to training with a walker?
icon10.gif

Personally I think it is great! My oldest student who takes privates is 83 and he is exceptionally fit. He moves like fifty year old. Truly an inspiration.
Moving like a fifty year old doesn't sound so impressive...

After all, I sometimes feel like I'm moving like a fifty year old! ;) :D

In a more serious vein, age isn't a limit!

:hmm: ahhhh now it becomes clear to me...... Since I am a Chinese Internal Martial Artists I tend to look at things based on :yinyang:...... I now know why I move like an 83 year old :D

Latest Discussions

Back