Foot Blister

ynnad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So, I recently worked out at a school who uses wood flooring. I got a wicked blister on my foot (ball of big tow). It has been over a week but it is still sensitive to touch and is affecting my workouts. Anyone have a remedy for this? Bandages just keep coming off. Super Glue? Or better yet, New Skin liquid bandage? Anyone use these?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have used the new skin and it works great, the little patches they give you to put over the cut stays completely on until you take a shwoer. If I was you get it and use it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my experience cloth bandaids stick better.
you can probably stick some duct tape over it...

spinny

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First you need to clean it. The best method I've heard of calls for soaking your foot in a solution of iodine OR bleach. It will both wash away grit and sanitize the wound. Supposedly it will help calluses form, but I don't have any proof of that. After it's clean you can apply New Skin — a product I always keep in my bag just in case. Or if you want to stick with bandaids, try taping them on with athletic tape.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, I recently worked out at a school who uses wood flooring. I got a wicked blister on my foot (ball of big tow). It has been over a week but it is still sensitive to touch and is affecting my workouts. Anyone have a remedy for this? Bandages just keep coming off. Super Glue? Or better yet, New Skin liquid bandage? Anyone use these?

Gauze + medical tape can work quite well. The gauze absorbs the sweat so the tape doesn't unstick. The downside is that between the gauze wrap and the tape, you have a slightly bulky frankentoe.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I use athletic tape; with a gauze pad if it's especially painful, but usually un-padded, since I want the skin to toughen. Avoid duct tape, as it sometimes rips the skin off when you remove it.