First class after 20 years.

johnny3443

White Belt
Reaction score
I just had my first kenpo class after a twenty year layoff. It was great! I haven’t officially joined up yet, but the instructor and I are going to talk tomorrow. He had another class to teach right after the one I just attended.
As for the class, the other students were very supportive and helpful. At 36 I wasn’t the oldest, and there were plenty of younger students as well. I feel so good, I can’t believe I waited so long to get back to MA. I’m very happy. -john

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope you have many years of enjoyment! :partyon:

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
johnny3443 said:
I just had my first kenpo class after a twenty year layoff. It was great! I haven’t officially joined up yet, but the instructor and I are going to talk tomorrow. He had another class to teach right after the one I just attended.
As for the class, the other students were very supportive and helpful. At 36 I wasn’t the oldest, and there were plenty of younger students as well. I feel so good, I can’t believe I waited so long to get back to MA. I’m very happy. -john

Practice hard and often!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's great! :D No time like the present to jump right back into training, and mid-thirties is NOT that old. ;)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
johnny3443 said:

Thats great!! Congratulations on getting back into it!!:ultracool

It sounds like you're having a great time! Keep up the great job with your training!

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pstarr said:
Old? OLD??? Don't even go there!

And - CONGRATULATIONS - on your return to martial arts! :)

36 old??? I didn't get serious in the MA again until my mid 40's.Age is just a number..Train Hard and Stay Safe...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Practice hard and often!

Certainl!

And... Do so within your body's limits. It's going to take time to get the body back in condition, but with dedication, it will happen.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
johnny3443 said:

Welcome back, just don't wait another 20 years before you visit again :) -- signed: The Martial Arts

MRE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know how you feel John. At 33 years of age, I just started in Kempo, my first MA class, a few months ago. I mainly joined because I was taking my 4 year old son there and figured that if I had to wait him anyway I may as well train too. Now, I am so addicted to training that I feel lost on nights that, for some reason or another, I can't make it to class. I do everything I can to make sure my son remains interested in Kempo because, although my wife gave birth to our twin boys two months ago, she has not problem with me being gone for three hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays as long as our four year old is with me. God I hope he never threatens to quit, I may have to bribe him with a new toy or car or something.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started Kenpo at 36 too, and totally addicted :) :)

Welcome to MT and best of luck you on your journey!

Latest Discussions