Finding a TKD school

Tito

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm looking to get back into Tae Kwon Do, and I have a few questions I want to ask before I join a dojang. The main issue I have is that I will not be in one location for the next 4 years, as I will be going to college, most likely out of state. I will definitely be joining a school there, where I will be spending the bulk of my time.

My questions are:

1) Should I join a school right now, and train for 4 months until I move and take up TKD at another location? (I'm leaning towards yes on this one, as I can come here during my subsequent summer vacations, but I'm not sure where I can find a school; I live in Bradenton, FL.)

2) I'm most likely going to need a school that offers KKW or another recognized certification, because I will be changing schools both during the summer, and indefinitely after the 4 years. (I don't want to have to re-do all of my tests and pay the testing fees, etc.) My question is, what should I look for in the dojang? e.g.- how can you tell if the school gives fake certificates, or is one of the "fast track to black belt" schools? I want a sense of accomplishment when I achieve something in MA, not just a handout. I mean, if you ask the owner of the school, they're not gonna tell you that their certificates are fake, so how do you tell?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Simple ask, if they act like they are upset move on and if they can reassure you then sign up. You can also check by going to the KKW website to see if the instructor is certfied.

Latest Discussions