Finding a Krav Maga school in NYC

Renz1088

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm really interested in joining a gym in NYC that specializes in Krav Maga.

Unfortunately, my work schedule only permits me to go to classes early in the morning. As of right now, the only school that I've seen that offers a schedule with consistently early classes (IE 7-10 AM, atleast 4 times a week) is the Krav Maga Academy (http://kravmagasolutions.com/).

I've heard some not so good things about this establishment in terms of the Krav Maga techniques that they teach. Obviously, if i'm going to be dishing out a substantial amount of money per month for these classes, I want to make sure that i'm getting my moneys worth.

So, does anyone know of a reputable school that offers consistent, early morning classes atleast 4 times a week? I live in queens and would don't mind traveling around the city. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks in advance for whatever help you provide!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted some of the schools you've heard better things about? They may be willing, if they have some committed students, to start a morning class session.

OP
R

Renz1088

White Belt
Reaction score
Yep. I've called quite a few. As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with Krav Maga Institute NYC and they don't offer anything in the morning either :(.

It seems like Academy is the only place that does.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are only 2 places in NY that IMO, would be worth training at:

www.kravmagainc.com

http://israelikrav.com/

Looking at the schedule, Rhons group doenst seem to have classes as early as you're looking at, but they do have weekend classes. If you haven't heard good things about the place you mention, then I would avoid them. If you haven't already, call each of the places that I listed, and see what they can do for you. IMO, if you're going to be spending money, I'd spend it at a quality place.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'd recommend a Krav Maga school in Manhattan. I'm training there and I really like the approach. You can check the website in my signature.

Guvnor

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm really interested in joining a gym in NYC that specializes in Krav Maga.

Unfortunately, my work schedule only permits me to go to classes early in the morning. As of right now, the only school that I've seen that offers a schedule with consistently early classes (IE 7-10 AM, atleast 4 times a week) is the Krav Maga Academy (http://kravmagasolutions.com/).

I've heard some not so good things about this establishment in terms of the Krav Maga techniques that they teach. Obviously, if i'm going to be dishing out a substantial amount of money per month for these classes, I want to make sure that i'm getting my moneys worth.

So, does anyone know of a reputable school that offers consistent, early morning classes atleast 4 times a week? I live in queens and would don't mind traveling around the city. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks in advance for whatever help you provide!

That's a tough one. Early morning classes are difficult to find. I had the same issue and opted to go for private early early morning sessions if you can afford it.

There are 3 I would recommend for private sessions in the early morning. Krav Maga Institute and Rhon's school are excellent. Israeli Krav Maga by David Khan is the third on my list - I've heard great things. All great guys and instructors - they all do private early morning lessons.