Final Round - The MartialTalk Elections

If the Presidential Election was held today, who would you vote for?

• Bush / Cheney - Republican

• Kerry / Edwards - Democrat

• Ralph Nader - Reform

• Badnarik / Campagna - Libertarian

• Cobb / Baldwin - Green

• Other 3rd Party Choice

• Undecided

• Not voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
P

PeachMonkey

Ronald R. Harbers said:
If you truly want to be free, free from the Democrats, free from the Republicans, draw your weapon of choice, and Stand! I never have known a Democrat or a Republican who had any principles. All they can do is steal! I am a free born American, and I will not submit to such Tyranny !

Wow. This is eerily like the sort of speak you hear from the so-called "patriot" movements who, among other acts, committed the second largest terrorist act on US soil.

R

rmcrobertson

I'm a-likin' Mr. Kangas' approach....speak lib-left, and carry a Tomahawk.

Perfectly consonant with essential kenpo principles..."Technique? I was gonna run the SOB over..."

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established, should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience [has] shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce [the people] under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:429

"If the appeal to arms is made, it will depend entirely on the disposition of the army whether it issue in liberty or despotism." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Rutledge, 1788.

"Every generation needs a new revolution." -- Thomas Jefferson quotes (American 3rd US President (1801-09).

M

Mark Weiser

It has always been the course of Human Beings to crave power and stature. Therefore it is the responsibility of each of us to make sure our leaders are afraid of us. A good leader is one whom respects if not that then fear is a good motivator to make them do what the majority says.

• We can kick their behinds.
  • We have guns too lol. Go ahead and point yours!
  • Remember there are strength in numbers!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
6 more votes to hit the previous survey total.

In comparing the previous to this poll, it is interesting noting the changes.
Who (1st poll / 2nd poll)
Bush / Cheney 19 / 20
Kerry / Edwards 21 / 17
3rd Party Choice 7 / 5
Undecided 5 / 2
Abstain 0 / 2
Voters: 52 / 46

This suggests a small gain for Bush which is not what we could expect from the media reports after each debate. Still really close, and past events have said you can win popular, but not the job.

Personally, I trust the MT vote more than I trust the real election.

R

rmcrobertson

Axly, it suggests Desperate Conservatives for Old Ferret Face.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If Canadians were voting.....

From the daily poll at the Globe & Mail:

Now that the three debates have taken place, who would like to see win the U.S. presidential race?

spacer.gif
George W. Bush
spacer.gif

John Kerry
spacer.gif

Total Votes: 9024

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bush / Cheney - Republican 23 40.35%
Kerry / Edwards - Democrat 25 43.86%
Ralph Nader - Reform 2 3.51%
Badnarik / Campagna - Libertarian 3 5.26%

Winner : Kerry / Edwards - Democrat by a 3.5% margin.
With 4 of those on this vote either undecided or abstaining, it's definately a very tight race.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I find it very interesting that this particular vote was decided by 1 vote. Had one person voted Bush instead of Kerry, they'd have been tied. Crazy.

I fully expect to see voter turn out in the US way up from whatever the norm is.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Repugnant party is already preparing legal action should Skery-Kerry be declared the winner. Supposedly the Dullardcraps are also preparing for legal action.

Personally, I'd like to see it decided on PPV.
A Suicide Cage match. The "Big Screw" candidates in an anything goes barbed wire, electrofied steel cage tag team match. The winner (or survivor) get the chance to lead the nation, but also must qualify for combat duty...once their wounds heal.

The losers are given a state funeral.

Do it on PPV and balance the budget. No senceless hanging chads, miscalibrated touch screens or question on who won.

I think I'm ahead of my time.....

Latest Discussions