Final Round - The MartialTalk Elections

If the Presidential Election was held today, who would you vote for?

• Bush / Cheney - Republican

• Kerry / Edwards - Democrat

• Ralph Nader - Reform

• Badnarik / Campagna - Libertarian

• Cobb / Baldwin - Green

• Other 3rd Party Choice

• Undecided

• Not voting

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first round of the MT vote gave the win to Kerry/Edwards by a 2 point lead.

Having seen / read all 3 debates, where do you stand now?

If the US Presidential Election was held today, who would you vote for?
Bush / Cheney
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
36.54%

Kerry / Edwards
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
40.38%

3rd Party Choice
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
13.46%

Undecided
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
9.62%

Voters: 52.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard that CSPN had a debate based upon the non Democrate/Republican candidates. Did anyone see that? Do you know when it will be on again?

Still undecided

T

Tkang_TKD

Rich Parsons said:
I heard that CSPN had a debate based upon the non Democrate/Republican candidates. Did anyone see that? Do you know when it will be on again?

Still undecided
I didn't hear about it, but I think it would be a good side-show. I don't know that a debate between third parties would really make that much of a difference, when all the third party candidates combined could probably not pool their votes recieved and win a single state.

Unfortunately, for the time being we are still only a two party system.

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kerry has earned some of my respect. He was good in his debate and brought up a lot of interesting points. However, he didn't convince me that he will do a better job than Bush.

My vote remains Bush/Cheney for 04.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tkang_TKD said:
I didn't hear about it, but I think it would be a good side-show. I don't know that a debate between third parties would really make that much of a difference, when all the third party candidates combined could probably not pool their votes recieved and win a single state.

Unfortunately, for the time being we are still only a two party system.

Personally, I think that this country is blind. I think that this country is going to face an upset. Not this year. Yet, in the near future. In teh next two elections, I predict a major state will be won to a third party. A Governer to a third party in a major state will also be seen. After this point, the thrid party (* which is about 10 to 15 *) will pick up some speed. You could wake up in 8 to 16 years from now with an upset, that many people who have not voted will all of a sudden be shocked by the outcome.

The point is to get out and vote. Make the number of people who vote at least 50% of those who can vote and you have made a major move forward. Too many people "FEEL" the apathy, and do not do anything. They do nto wish to waste a vote. What is not voting then? By voting a third party, these two main parties now have to listen and address some of the issues that the third parties are trying to address.

Could we do worse, with a Grand Mother from Wyoming, who has never served a day of public service, and a person raised in the politcal culture?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An interesting observation at this early point.
Despite most folks giving the Kerry team the sweep of the debates, early results here put the Bush team in the lead. While it's still early, (poll runs for 2 weeks) it is a different early result from the previous MT poll.

T

Tkang_TKD

Rich Parsons said:
Personally, I think that this country is blind. I think that this country is going to face an upset. Not this year. Yet, in the near future. In teh next two elections, I predict a major state will be won to a third party. A Governer to a third party in a major state will also be seen. After this point, the thrid party (* which is about 10 to 15 *) will pick up some speed. You could wake up in 8 to 16 years from now with an upset, that many people who have not voted will all of a sudden be shocked by the outcome.
I think the best chance of this happening could have been in '96 to some degree when Ross Perot ran. I think if he had not dropped from the race, and then rejoined it, he had a chance to win. He as a 3rd party candidate actually got to debate with the Democrat and Republican nominees (Clinton/Dole).

The point is to get out and vote. Make the number of people who vote at least 50% of those who can vote and you have made a major move forward. Too many people "FEEL" the apathy, and do not do anything. They do nto wish to waste a vote. What is not voting then? By voting a third party, these two main parties now have to listen and address some of the issues that the third parties are trying to address.
Agreed whole heartedly! :cheers:

Could we do worse, with a Grand Mother from Wyoming, who has never served a day of public service, and a person raised in the politcal culture?
Sometimes I wonder if we would be better off with someone that doesn't have any type of previous political life.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I agree, that would be a good thing. Open up some eyes in DC...hmmm Since my state is already predetermined....

Anybody know who the 3rd party candidate who got the largest popular vote was?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2000 Presidential Election results as of 12/01
http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/2000presgeresults.htm#browne
Candidate Votes Percent
GORE 50,999,897 48.38%
BUSH 50,456,002 47.87%
NADER 2,882,955 2.74%
BUCHANAN 448,895 0.42%
BROWNE 384,431 0.36%
PHILLIPS 98,020 0.09%
HAGELIN 83,714 0.08%
HARRIS 7,378 0.01%
SMITH 5,775 0.00%
MCREYNOLDS 5,602 0.00%
MOOREHEAD 4,795 0.00%
BROWN 1,606 0.00%
LANE 1,044 0.00%
VENSON 535 0.00%
DODGE 208 0.00%
YOUNGKEIT 161 0.00%
WRITE-IN (MISCELLANEOUS) 20,767
NONE OF THESE CANDIDATES 3,315
TOTAL VOTES CAST

ELECTORAL VOTE BUSH 271
ELECTORAL VOTE GORE 266
Abstained 1

P

PeachMonkey

Ronald R. Harbers said:
Any Martialist who would vote for Kerry, should commit Seppeku today!

Inflammatory comments like this are really beneath contempt.

R

Ronald R. Harbers

Feisty Mouse would say the Ronny Ray has stuck his plastic foot in his mouth again.

T

Tkang_TKD

Ronald R. Harbers said:
Any Martialist who would vote for Kerry, should commit
Seppeku today!
So you adovocate suicide because someone disagrees with your political views...

Are you going to commit Seppeku if Bush loses the election?

R

Ronald R. Harbers

I say anyone who supports Kerry or Bush is non informed! Kerry is a Drooping Lily! Bush is a Drooping Lily! A working man should hate all these rich punks! Don't stick in too for Sir!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll stick with Badnarick. He's A-on more ballots than Nader, and B-got more guts.

T

Tkang_TKD

Kaith Rustaz said:
I'll stick with Badnarick. He's A-on more ballots than Nader, and B-got more guts.
Where can I find some info on Badnarick. I know he's on the California ballot (Not that I'd vote for him, but that's another story), but I suppose checking out the platform would be cool to expand my horizons a bit.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the site...Thanks anyway.

R

Ronald R. Harbers

If you truly want to be free, free from the Democrats, free from the Republicans, draw your weapon of choice, and Stand! I never have known a Democrat or a Republican who had any principles. All they can do is steal! I am a free born American, and I will not submit to such Tyranny !

T

Tkang_TKD

Ronald R. Harbers said:
If you truly want to be free, free from the Democrats, free from the Republicans, draw your weapon of choice, and Stand! I never have known a Democrat or a Republican who had any principles. All they can do is steal! I am a free born American, and I will not submit to such Tyranny !
Ok, My weapon of choice is the tomahawk cruise missle. I choose to use it to kill those who threaten our security and our way of life, and your freedom. I wouldn't say we don't have principles, and that all we can do is steal. It's an over simplification.

Incidentally, while you are free, your freedom was paid for in the blood of American soldiers. Try not to forget that. :asian:

Latest Discussions