The MartialTalk Vote - Round 1

If the US Presidential Election was held today, who would you vote for?

• Bush / Cheney

• Kerry / Edwards

• 3rd Party Choice

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Each year, Comediane Mark Russle would do the "Buffalo Vote", polling his audience to see who will win in November.

Out of curiosity, I'm running this here to see how things change as we get closer.

There are 4 options
Bush/Cheney
Kerry/Edwards
3rd Party
Undecided

I ask that if you do participate, you please revote on the following polls so we can see how things may change.

This Poll runs until October 12th.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can I vote too? I'm not an American citizen, but am considering it, given the plentitude of excellent combative training opportunities down there....
icon12.gif

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Can I vote too? I'm not an American citizen, but am considering it, given the plentitude of excellent combative training opportunities down there....
icon12.gif
You're what!

Are you insane!

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan, Since it's an MT poll and not overly valid nor indicative of much, why not? Legally, we'll see what we can do to tip the scales. After all, our current pres sees nothing wrong in getting some, uh, help with winning.:rolleyes:

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Undecided.
I don't know. I'm almost to the point of no longer caring. All people say vote for me look how bad the others are. Well I see all the bad stuff for Bush and Kerry. I no longer want either. I don't want to vote third party because what's the point in that?
*poke poke
help a bear is chasing after me...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Kerry = lesser of 2 evils IMO.

That's my vote.

S

Spud

This vote is unfair to the practioners of less populated styles! We need an electoral college or the candidates will surely focus on the Kenpo voters and ignore the Tai Chi block.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Spud - Thats funny. :)

Someguy - check out the 3rd parties. While some feel voting for them is a wasted vote, I don't. They -need- the votes in order to maintain their ability to field candidates. The decks are stacked against them, but they are making progress, especially in the lower branches.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kerry-Edwards
I vote the issues, not the party or the candidate.
My issues:
Pat. Act - Kerry
Iraq - Kerry
Guns - Bush
Economy - Kerry

M

Mark Weiser

I voted for Bush due to his relationship and policies in dealing with Israel.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
I laugh some at this because I am more curious about the number of MT voters who will actually participate in the real vote too.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, you know I won't. But I will vote vicariously through you, Paul. Unless you're voting Bush. In which case I hope to wet myself in public vicariously through you.
icon10.gif

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Well, you know I won't. But I will vote vicariously through you, Paul. Unless you're voting Bush. In which case I hope to wet myself in public vicariously through you.
icon10.gif
NO! I do that enough on my own....

Couldn't you instead 'win the lottery' vicariously through me and then it won't matter who is in office because I will have enough money to buy my own island and can ex patriate myself and 'suffer' with the 'island third world' folks running around in sorangs and Sarris (or less :))......but then I would have to cluck disapprovingly in front of my wife at all that exposed flesh...how scandelous!

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well then you're due. I mean, if you think about it, you have a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery...you either WILL or you WON'T. I hope they have the Internet on your island, though, so we can still talk MA and you can post pictures of your island and scantily-clad native women.

Latest Discussions