Final Fu TV show on MTV

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
matt.m said:
What a good take on a person man. Seriously, it is always good to hear first hand knowledge about people other than just seeing on tv and making our own impression.

What were your impressions of him, Matt?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
I can't say that I know him, I know of him & his reputation. He's part of the USCDKA & he was at the National Conference we had in May. He lead a class that was very good. I know only good things about him. I met him briefly & was a very nice guy. I do know that he's very competitive. Maybe for him, competitive comes off as cocky.

Thanks Terry, I was curious how he came across.

Iceman you know this was a TV show and it could just have been the way they used bits and pieces of the show, they never really show us the actual stuff but just bits and pieces.

I'm sure if GM Sells has him running some of the classes at the conference he is a great guy, so please do not j7udge by the way I took the show.

Thanks Your Brother
Terry

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Iceman you know this was a TV show and it could just have been the way they used bits and pieces of the show, they never really show us the actual stuff but just bits and pieces.

I'm sure if GM Sells has him running some of the classes at the conference he is a great guy, so please do not j7udge by the way I took the show.

Thanks Your Brother
Terry

You're right Terry, tv has a way of making people "more interesting" by making a character out of them. Daniel is also something like 23 time world champion (forms/weapons). And there is certainly a fine line between confident & cocky. My experience with him is that he seemed like a good guy. If he was cocky on the show, maybe he is also that in real life sometimes, too. Lord knows I'm not the same guy in all situations.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
You're right Terry, tv has a way of making people "more interesting" by making a character out of them. Daniel is also something like 23 time world champion (forms/weapons). And there is certainly a fine line between confident & cocky. My experience with him is that he seemed like a good guy. If he was cocky on the show, maybe he is also that in real life sometimes, too. Lord knows I'm not the same guy in all situations.

Non of us are!
Terry

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
What were your impressions of him, Matt?

I thought he was a good MAist, I never judge a person so much just on their attitude or perception thereof. TV let's you see what they want you to see for ratings sake.

Too often people see others as cocky when the person is just happy for an accomplishment.

Latest Discussions