favotite weapon

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by big351stang

1. katana
2. chucks
3. my mind

Quite an intersseting blend. 3 total different katagories(Japanese, chinese and probably western). Could you elaborate?

/Yari

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Yari

Quite an intersseting blend. 3 total different katagories(Japanese, chinese and probably western). Could you elaborate?

/Yari
Yari. the chucks< i believe are more properly considered to be an Okinawan weapon, I could be wrong. As for the rest of his choices, well the sword is a thing of beauty and grace, in the right hands. As for the mind, the first thing I teach my students is to close their mouths and open their minds. I teach them that a properly trained mind is the most formidable weapon in the world, and a thing of grace and beauty unto itself.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Yari. the chucks< i believe are more properly considered to be an Okinawan weapon, I could be wrong.

No, you're correct, but I would still say that there not japanese.

As for the rest of his choices, well the sword is a thing of beauty and grace, in the right hands.

True, but why a katana? Why not a chinese sword or a phillipino sword or......

As for the mind, the first thing I teach my students is to close their mouths and open their minds. I teach them that a properly trained mind is the most formidable weapon in the world, and a thing of grace and beauty unto itself.

I sometimes tell students that they have two ears, and one mouth, wich means that they should listen twice as much as they talk.......

I just interssting why people think that if you blend stuff the result has to be good. I not saying it can't, but its some kind of quasi logic, just because you take the "beast" of something, the result is good??? Not nessarly, and I think there are fewer people who can do this than there are people who do it. But to understand I ask how / why the blend? I understand the parts, but how do you make them blend together? or do you differntiate when you doing one thing and the other?

Wasn't my intent to ramble now, but I did.... sorry. This probably isn't the thread to do it in, and I know it's been done before. But I don't mind taking it again in another thread.

/Yari

OP
P

phoenix277

my fav weapons r jo staff and bokken/katana cos there really fun to use:jediduel: :samurai: :yinyang:

OP
S

Senfeng

Limp bodies wearing tube socks.

The socks make for excellent 'kung fu grip' action and enables the user with heightened control while swinging the carcass by the ankles.:D

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Right now my favorite weapon is a 15th century hand-and-a-half sword (green handled sword, center). Long, light, fast, and alive in the hands. It isn't a "practical" weapon, but it sure gives me great satisfaction and stress relief as it slices its way through tatami, pumpkins, and various other targets. :D I just don't get that thrill with a nunchaku, and katanas really don't do anything for me (probably because they are so over-hyped.)

For more practical weapons, I like the escrima stick and a good pocket folder.

Lamont

Attachments

• $swordtrio2.jpg
    $swordtrio2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165
OP
M

Master of Blades

Chinese Broad Sword, Machete, Kali sticks, Knife, Whatever whenever where ever....Its all good!:asian:

OP
E

Elfan

I like a the stick/club and the short keychain like sticks the best.

OP
R

Rob Wilson

Ideally, a snappy comeback or witty retort would be my weapon of choice. Unfortunately, I don't have any or even an idea of where to find one. But for now I prefer a 26" rattan stick.

OP
A

Angus

I don't know, I like a lot.

Sticks
6 foot staff
3 sectional staff (droool)
Nearly any straight edged sword

Katana is pretty fun, too.

However, what do I sit around playing with and practicing most? My fav? Knives. I LOVE my butterfly knives (balisongs), and sit around playing with them constantly. Butterfly knives are the best thing ever.:D

bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1. I like the western style Mace, not the spray can, but the long metal rod with a weighted knob at the end. I have a friend who's into medeival weaponry and I got a chance to do some striking with it. Very Nice.

2. A heavy kamagong stick

3. For more practical situations: a beer mug or a pen.

OP
H

Humble artist

short stick (never have I touched it)
regular belt
scarf
key
hard dog collar (if attached to a string)
jacket
shoe
pen
maybe some cool traditional weapon

;)

Latest Discussions