Favorite Ed Parker Kenpo Technique?

What's your favorite Ed Parker Kenpo Technique?

• Five Swords

• Back Breaker

• Leaping Crane

• Snapping Twig

Results are only viewable after voting.
K

Kirk

For 2 reasons:

1) It is my favorite so far
2) I haven't been taught the others yet :D

But I do love 5 Swords. It's just fun! It's also the first tech
I ever grafted to, and really taught me a lot about grafting.

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
i would have to say one i have done in almost every demo is leap of death and it is as mean as it sounds not a very forgiving technique.but the problem is i have tooooooooooooomany
later
jay:p :p

R

Rob_Broad

I find the choices very limiting but of the 4 techniques listed i would have to say Back Breaker. For some reason I love bending someone over backwards, ripping their face off and then slamming them to the floor.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a hard time deciding between leaping crane and snapping twig:(
Five swords is a natural favorite, but as you learn more you'll develop more favorites as well.
Oh yeah, I went for snapping twig :p

:asian:

K

Kirk

I don't understand family groupings yet, so if it's something
that can actually be explained in text, go for it. Are the techs
listed in the same family group? I'm curious as to why you
chose these particular ones to vote on.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You guys have quite a delema! I agree with Jay, there are a lot of techniques that are fun and flow well.

I have a good time with many for different reasons.

5 swords is fun and fast

I love Broken Rams hand & foot coordination combination

Oh man,,,,, I could go on .....

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was the first technique ever shown to me, by a friend, befor I ever studied Kenpo. I made me want to know more about the art.
Shadow

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
it's boxing think about it,sgm's dad a boxing comissioner so five swords is jab cross uppercut rear hook front hook pretty simple eh yah right!!!!!!!!!
later
jay:asian:

R

Rob_Broad

They are all fun techniques but I just love slamming a 250 pounder to the ground on backbreaker and seeing thr look on their face as they look up towards the on coming kick.

V

vincefuess

The first AK technique you learn that "cooks with gas"!!!!! I have used it a couple of times, and it is WAY sweet, and has so many possibilities for extensions and/or modifications.

My next would be Shield and Sword- just cuz it goes to the OUTSIDE and cooks with gas.

It's hard to choose- but those are the FIRST that came to mind, which means they would likely be the first I would use.

Vince

B

brianhunter

I like five swords also, it has several different strikes, a nice continuos pace, and nice stance changes to develop power, 5 swords also looks awsome when you can get past the mechanical part of it! I do not know back breaker. When is this technique presented??

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter

I like five swords also, it has several different strikes, a nice continuos pace, and nice stance changes to develop power, 5 swords also looks awsome when you can get past the mechanical part of it! I do not know back breaker. When is this technique presented??

In Infinite Insights Vol 5 it's listed in green belt, the last technique. In my schools curriculum it's listed in first black.

W

WilliamTLear

My favorite technique on this poll is five swords. I like the mechanics involved in the technique vs. the others. Although, I really like Leaping Crane too!!!

My favorite technique in Mr. Parker's system at this moment has to be Thrusting Salute. In my book this is one of the most destructive techniques in the system. Some thing really grabs me about the amount of power that can be applied to your opponents jaw with the heel palm strike, when properly executed. For me, the body mechanics in this technique make it truely devestating without alot of physical exertion.

Take Care,
Billy Lear :asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but I really like the movements in the Back Breaker....... a lot of reverse motion and fun bone cracking action on various levels and it involves the entire body!

Latest Discussions