FASD Street Fighting Strategy

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
First Action--
You don't explain what you intend to do with this thing you're writing, but I suggest some caution:
1) Your guidance is a recipe for jail time, losing your home and all your money, and maybe getting crippled to boot...and that's just for you.
2) If you are planning to share this and present yourself as an instructor, you are buying criminal liability and setting others up for #1 above.

At the very least you should read some of what Rory Miller has written and recognize that Street Fighting is very different from self-defense. I know of people who have done some of the things you suggest only to go to jail for a long time, lose everything including their family, and basically be shunned by their community, job, and everything they've built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StreetReady

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OP, you have some valid points in your street fighting system. A lot of the concepts you discuss are typically used by thugs when they're out victimizing people. Only thugs have the Kill, Kill, Kill mentality that you mention. Using a weapon on somebody who doesn't have a weapon is typical thug behavior. Attacking somebody from behind or using the element of surprise 'ambush or sucker punch' is typical thug behavior. Using a lot of these concepts in the street will land you a nice comfy bed in a prison cell. Head stomps and weapons are usually considered use of deadly force in the eyes of law enforcement and the criminal justice system. If you're using these brutal concepts on people in the street, it makes you look like a thug.

On the bright side, I think your system would be great for somebody who is already in prison or will be entering prison soon. I know people who have been in prison and their concept of fighting matches your ideas. They've told me horror stories of people getting attacked and stabbed from behind. Also of people getting knocked unconscious by sucker-punches and getting their heads tap-danced on until they're retarded.

My two cents.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
OP, you have some valid points in your street fighting system. A lot of the concepts you discuss are typically used by thugs when they're out victimizing people. Only thugs have the Kill, Kill, Kill mentality that you mention. Using a weapon on somebody who doesn't have a weapon is typical thug behavior. Attacking somebody from behind or using the element of surprise 'ambush or sucker punch' is typical thug behavior. Using a lot of these concepts in the street will land you a nice comfy bed in a prison cell. Head stomps and weapons are usually considered use of deadly force in the eyes of law enforcement and the criminal justice system. If you're using these brutal concepts on people in the street, it makes you look like a thug.

On the bright side, I think your system would be great for somebody who is already in prison or will be entering prison soon. I know people who have been in prison and their concept of fighting matches your ideas. They've told me horror stories of people getting attacked and stabbed from behind. Also of people getting knocked unconscious by sucker-punches and getting their heads tap-danced on until they're retarded.

My two cents.

Those principles alone may be the case, however, the context in which theyre taught isnt. You dont need to learn how to attack someone. If you wanted to summise all of that, just ask any old person to spend a few minutes seriously considering how to go about doing it. Its not exactly complex, and writing a guide on it only serves to limit you to thinking in whats, and whens, and ifs. What they get from just thinking about it for five seconds will be better, try it yourself. A sucker punch isnt a technique, its the fine art of waltzing over and flailing your arm. It can be the crappiest punch in the world and itll still work.

StreetReady

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A sucker punch isnt a technique, its the fine art of waltzing over and flailing your arm. It can be the crappiest punch in the world and itll still work.

I agree with that. It's not a technique, it's a concept. You hit them when they're not expecting it.

StreetReady

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I thought that's what you were supposed to do anyway? :)

Ideally yeah, but if it's a mutual fight, they'll be expecting you to hit them, so they kind of expect it. Sucker punches work best when you're not dueling. The element of surprise or ambush is what sets apart the sucker punch from other types of strikes/attacks. But I'm sure you're already familiar with that...

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ideally yeah, but if it's a mutual fight, they'll be expecting you to hit them, so they kind of expect it. Sucker punches work best when you're not dueling. The element of surprise or ambush is what sets apart the sucker punch from other types of strikes/attacks. But I'm sure you're already familiar with that...

Yeah, kinda hard to play the self defense angle when you sucker punch someone....

Latest Discussions