Falling With Children

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
on a couple of occasions, I could have been hurt if it were not for my ukemi. Although, my ukemi isn't nearly as graceful and smooth as I would like it to be.
Man, I often say "My ukemi sucks" but then I consider the amount of falling I do, and the fact that everyone jokes about how much I fall, and the fact that I have never been hurt falling, including the time I was thrown from my motorcycle, (well, ok, I seperated my shoulder, but that was from sliding under the bike, I rolled across the other shoulder when it threw me) and I realize, while it has MUCH MUCH room for improvement, It cant suck THAT bad, I'm in one piece.

Some

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
on a couple of occasions, I could have been hurt if it were not for my ukemi. Although, my ukemi isn't nearly as graceful and smooth as I would like it to be.

Man, I often say "My ukemi sucks" but then I consider the amount of falling I do, and the fact that everyone jokes about how much I fall, and the fact that I have never been hurt falling, including the time I was thrown from my motorcycle, (well, ok, I seperated my shoulder, but that was from sliding under the bike, I rolled across the other shoulder when it threw me) and I realize, while it has MUCH MUCH room for improvement, It cant suck THAT bad, I'm in one piece.

Some fine examples include the time the back legs broke off the plastic lawnchair i was leaning back in... and i rolled out and landed on my feet only to have a girl who was present say "You obviously fall out of chairs a lot, dont you", and the time I was drunk and wearing a full 45 lb chainmail hauberk and triped over my own feet and just rolled over and up onto my feet... like nothing happened. My friends still razz me for that. Ha.

Ukemi. Its whats for breakfast.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rolling without using your arms in any way is always easier when you have to than when you're practicing on your own volition. It's probably a mental thing.

And guess what? I believe Jacko is innocent. Not that I don't think he's a general nutcase, though.

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Yeah, you and gravity dont get along too well.

If you want to be sure not to injure yourself, fall ON them, not WITH them. Just sayin'

Markk Bush

Eireannach

White Belt
Reaction score
If you can roll (well) with a sword there is no reason why you can't roll with a child. Like someone else said (I think it was Mark), whatever you are rolling with should be like a part of your body.

Sword, hanbo, jo, bo, kid. Principle is the same.

Gerard

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just be extra careful that the sword doesn't literally become part of your body... :lol:

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Just a random thought... Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and wondered what Michael Jackson was up to now?
:xtrmshock I can't believe you would think of MJ like that... He's INNOCENT!!!! LOL...

You scare me sometimes Kreth! :erg:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deaf said:
:xtrmshock I can't believe you would think of MJ like that... He's INNOCENT!!!! LOL...

You scare me sometimes Kreth! :erg:
Yeah, Michael's innocent.
Ashlee Simpson can sing.
Scrubs is quality TV.
Los Lonely Boys is not the stupidest band name ever.
Oh yeah, and Bret Favre's career is not over.

Back to the original topic: Try rolling with bubble wrap around a firm pillow. Then you'll know if you'd be crushing the child you're trying to protect...

Latest Discussions