Fak Sao Movement

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Siu "Lim" (念), in the Min Nan dialect. From Cantonese "Nim" it eventually became more like "ngiam" and finally "liam" in Hokkien, Teochew, etc. Mandarin "Nin" is the only other thing that might work, but then you'd be mixing Cantonese and Mandarin and it would be even weirder.

Not sure where "Lin" came from, but you should fix the title to be accurate. Little details matter.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's Siu "Lim" (念), in the Min Nan dialect. From Cantonese "Nim" it eventually became more like "ngiam" and finally "liam" in Hokkien, Teochew, etc. Mandarin "Nin" is the only other thing that might work, but then you'd be mixing Cantonese and Mandarin and it would be even weirder.

Not sure where "Lin" came from, but you should fix the title to be accurate. Little details matter.
I was told Lin and Nim can be used.. I use Lin because that is the way my lineage in the past Spelt it.. Which means little practice head.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since you have cross trained the praying mantis system, what do you think the difference between the

- WC Fu Shou, and
- praying mantis Diao Shou?

Same? Similar? Different?

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Since you have cross trained the praying mantis system, what do you think the difference between the

- WC Fu Shou, and
- praying mantis Diao Shou?

Same? Similar? Different?

It's very similar..The difference is only slight imo

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was told Lin and Nim can be used.. I use Lin because that is the way my lineage in the past Spelt it.. Which means little practice head.
You would not be the first to make this mistake. I've seen very old, legit videos mistitled the same way.

You should use Lim and Nim. Actually if you go search Youtube for "Siu Lin", you'll get nothing but "Siu Lim" videos instead.

Reason being, somebody went through the trouble over the years and fixed the titles. I know it's linguistic and stupid, but so I am.

Latest Discussions