OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36911051/ns/today-today_people/

Perhaps nobody else noticed, because they let their guard down. They think that because nothing has happened in a while, they think that because for the past X number of months security has been 'beefed up', that they can relax. But IMO, thats what the terrorists want and wait for.

Just like the badguy that hangs out on the street, waiting for his next victim. He's looking for the one thats not paying attention, is distracted, walks with their head down, doesn't look confident. Those are the people he goes after.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Has anyone claimed responsibility yet?

If it's claimed by the news to be Al-Quaeda, my hunch is it's a plant( gasoline and propane together are a very poor ignition/accelerant combo and I have it from those whose business it is to know such things that no professional would use those two together).

But again, has anyone even come forward yet?
Yep, The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility. I'm less worried about professionals, than I am about gifted, or even lucky amateurs...

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yep, The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility. I'm less worried about professionals, than I am about gifted, or even lucky amateurs...

And the PT posted it on YouTube not one hr. after the incident. Being so quick off the mark indicates they knew about the attack, and the YouTube claim said it succeeded, indicating it was a canned response already on tape before the incident.

The attack only fails if we refuse to be terrorized. Terrorist bombs don't create terrorism; our responses do.

Yea.. but payback like what Bush would give them sure would help! Clinton didn't do much and Obama will only rain apologies on them for their attacks.

Deaf

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea.. but payback like what Bush would give them sure would help! Clinton didn't do much and Obama will only rain apologies on them for their attacks.

I have no problems with attacking our attackers. Providing we know whom they are.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clinton didn't do much and Obama will only rain apologies on them for their attacks.

Has partisanship blinded you so thoroughly?

"According to a just completed study by the New America Foundation, the number of drone strikes has risen dramatically since Obama became President. During his first nine and a half months in office, he has authorized as many C.I.A. aerial attacks in Pakistan as George W. Bush did in his final three years in office." LINK

"The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen, the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have shifted from encouraging attacks on the United States to directly participating in them, intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Tuesday." LINK

"The U.S. military says the No. 2 leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq has been killed by Coalition forces during an Oct. 5 operation in the northern city of Mosul." LINK

You could at least TRY to get the details straight before you make your political judgments. Ironically considering your post, many on the left have been very critical of Obama for being too warlike and continuing many of the wartime policies of his predecessor.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ironically considering your post, many on the _________ have been very critical of ________ for being too warlike and continuing many of the wartime policies of his predecessor.

Will this loop ever end?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
You could at least TRY to get the details straight before you make your political judgments. Ironically considering your post, many on the left have been very critical of Obama for being too warlike and continuing many of the wartime policies of his predecessor.

Oh, knock it off. You jumped right over Marginal's scurrilous accusation with nary a word to jump on Deaf Smith. Your selective white knighting is just as partisan as everything else in this thread. Yup, people are partisan, and will take partisan shots. Including you. Quit trying to stifle those who disagree with you with your one-sided calls for nonpartisanship.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, knock it off. You jumped right over Marginal's scurrilous accusation with nary a word to jump on Deaf Smith. Your selective white knighting is just as partisan as everything else in this thread. Yup, people are partisan, and will take partisan shots. Including you. Quit trying to stifle those who disagree with you with your one-sided calls for nonpartisanship.

I didn't call for non-partisanship. I called for getting the facts right. Ignoring inconvenient facts goes beyond partisanship.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, all that work Bush did before 9/11 and the complete lack of effort by Clinton. Way to re-intepret history.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity...who exactly is the "them" that you want to pay back like Bush would? Iraq?

I'm in New York City right now, and last I heard, they found one guy that they believe is involved.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know..the paper today, said the guy received bomb making training in Pakistan. Are we planning a full scale invasion? Personally I doubt it. We're already bombing them with the unmanned drones, so may as well keep going. :D

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont know..the paper today, said the guy received bomb making training in Pakistan. Are we planning a full scale invasion? Personally I doubt it. We're already bombing them with the unmanned drones, so may as well keep going. :D

Pfft. Everyone knows that bombs only hit aspirin factories and accomplish nothing. You might as well be surrendering to an enemy if you're bombing them. The only way to get results in Pakistan is to invade Iran.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pfft. Everyone knows that bombs only hit aspirin factories and accomplish nothing. You might as well be surrendering to an enemy if you're bombing them. The only way to get results in Pakistan is to invade Iran.

LOL, I remember the late, great George Carlin doing a routine on bombing countries. Something to the effect of, "Watch out if your country is full of brown people, cuz we'll bomb the **** out of you!"

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Has partisanship blinded you so thoroughly?

Empty Hands,

Obama has apologized to the world a hundred times for our 'mistakes', he has bowed to every tin-horn dictator, he has ENCOURGED them in many ways and at the same time showed great disrespect for our allies.

The drone strikes were started long long before he even thought about running for president. They were not his ideas in any way and just a continuation of the policy. But while he has increased the drone striks, as Biden wants, he as cut back on HUMINT, just as Jimmy Carter did.

But what he has ended up doing is, unlike Bush, is having THREE terrorist incidences in the U.S. in one mere year while Bush, after 9/11 had ZERO for seven years. And only by the grace of God did two of them fail. All because he has encouraged them with the thoughts of no retaliation on the scale Bush gave them (or don’t you remember, before 9/11 we were not in Afghanistan nor Iraq.) Bush's retaliation was big time stuff.

Deaf

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
But what he has ended up doing is, unlike Bush, is having THREE terrorist incidences in the U.S. in one mere year while Bush, after 9/11 had ZERO for seven years.

Shoe bomber, anthrax mailer, DC Sniper? It's funny how none of these count.

Latest Discussions