Extended Reputation System

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
umm.. no.. she has gone evil and now is the Napalm Angel ;)

You mean we got a bad Buffy on the board now? Where's Angel when we need him? She has enough rep. power to start taking green buttons from people with one bite.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
You mean we got a bad Buffy on the board now? Where's Angel when we need him? She has enough rep. power to start taking green buttons from people with one bite.
Bad Buffy? BAD Buffy???? I should ding you for that.:lol2:

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I only talk condiments and me with guys, sorry.

:xtrmshock:erg::eek:

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

*is laughing her *** off*

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Bad Buffy? BAD Buffy???? I should ding you for that.:lol2:

Oh, please don't do that!!! You might add for Samantha, though, so she can get another button...

I'm sure she didn't mean to imply that you were a ketchup package.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
wow you do certainly have a lot of power. from your one tick my way I gained another point of rep power.

not that it will do anything. I dont give people rep very often, (maybe once a week?) and most of the time when I try it says you must spread some around before giving to XXX again... I guess I just like the same people over and over?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jonathan Randall again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shesulsa again.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks for that, Samantha. Johnathan Randall, I did rep Sam for those Halloween bows she gave me. Looks like I could spread some your way too ... but that Buffy comment, well ... jeeez, I dunno ....:lol2:

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should all just pelt shesulsa with rep until she gets a star and we can all say oh there's shesulsa the only one on the board with enough rep to have a star and it will stay that way forever.

because we know it will happen sooner or later.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, please - not that! LOL!

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just posted something elsewhere and wanted to reference a former post I'd made on a different thread. Unfortunately I couldn't remember where the thread was and couldn't find it by searching.

Then I remembered that someone had been nice enough to give me a rep point for a comment I'd made in the same thread. So, a quick jump off to my "User CP" and a click and I was back in business.

Guess I could have searched out my own posts but I already have quite a few and this was quicker. Just another plus to having the rep system.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Samantha said:
wow you do certainly have a lot of power. from your one tick my way I gained another point of rep power.

not that it will do anything. I dont give people rep very often, (maybe once a week?) and most of the time when I try it says you must spread some around before giving to XXX again... I guess I just like the same people over and over?

Funny, I have the same problem:

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Samantha again.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shesulsa again.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
I just posted something elsewhere and wanted to reference a former post I'd made on a different thread. Unfortunately I couldn't remember where the thread was and couldn't find it by searching.

Then I remembered that someone had been nice enough to give me a rep point for a comment I'd made in the same thread. So, a quick jump off to my "User CP" and a click and I was back in business.

Guess I could have searched out my own posts but I already have quite a few and this was quicker. Just another plus to having the rep system.

I do the same thing, but now it's easier - I can search by looking at BOTH what I've given and got. Just checked, and I'm happy to see that I've only given one red dot out in all the recent listed rep. given to list. I hate to ding people and I never do it for disagreements over MA or politics - only bad manners.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Each time you 'lap' the limit of the pips display, another star is added. The number of stars in unlimited. The number and value of the pips in each group of pips is defined by six settings in the vboptions > reputation options. The supplied default values will display 5 dark green, 5 light green and 10 golden pips before a star is displayed. The golden pips kick in at 2,000 points and it takes 10,000 points to get a star (so 20,000 for two etc ...). A line break can be inserted after the stars.
I've been trying to figure this out. If it takes 10 golden pips to get a star and it takes 10000 points to get a star, and the golden pips don't kick in until 2000 ... how exactly does that break down? I have just over 5,000 rep and I have four gold pips. If I'm halfway to 10,000, shouldn't I have five? I'm not greedy, just trying to figure it all out.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The maximum number of dark green pips to display before moving onto the next level. 5
The value of each dark green pip in the extended reputation display. 150

The maximum number of light green pips to display before moving onto the next level.
The value of each light green pip in the extended reputation display. 250

The maximum number of golden pips to display before moving onto the next level. 10
The value of each golden pip in the extended reputation display. 800

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Reputation hog!
Hey! I ain't no hog!! Check out my outgoing reputation, Mr. Soopermod!! I give out LOTS of rep! Like I said, it's like manure - doesn't do any good just sitting around in a pile, ya gotta spread it around. :lol2::ladysman:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mime! Mine! Mine! Im rich! Im wealthy! Im financially secure!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Mime! Mine! Mine! Im rich! Im wealthy! Im financially secure!!!

I am one of the three ;)