Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
3 major modifications:

In the USERCP
1: You can now see who you gave rep to.

2: You can see your Rep Power.

In posts, the members list, etc:

3: Now enjoy an extended display. This tweak extends the existing reputation display system from just the light/dark green pips to green and golden pips, and then golden stars as the pips limit is reached.

The dark green pips are followed by light green pips, which are then followed by 'golden' pips. When the limit these can display is reached, the display is prefixed by a golden Star, and started again. If your reputation is zero then the neutral grey pip is displayed. Negative reputations are displayed in a similar manner using light and dark red pips and stars.

Each time you 'lap' the limit of the pips display, another star is added. The number of stars in unlimited. The number and value of the pips in each group of pips is defined by six settings in the vboptions > reputation options. The supplied default values will display 5 dark green, 5 light green and 10 golden pips before a star is displayed. The golden pips kick in at 2,000 points and it takes 10,000 points to get a star (so 20,000 for two etc ...). A line break can be inserted after the stars.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So is there a value difference between dark green, light green, and golden, or just based only on how many and when received before color changes? Basically, are dark green and light green the same? (if being 5 each?) I'm sure you have a FAQ somewhere that explains this more.

The supplied default values will display 5 dark green, 5 light green and 10 golden pips before a star is displayed. The golden pips kick in at 2,000 points and it takes 10,000 points to get a star (so 20,000 for two etc ...). A line break can be inserted after the stars.

- Ceicei

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uhh....just what I posted. Heh.... :)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So...

Basically this means Shesulsa has over 8000 rep points.... Damn... I thought I was doing nicely :(

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like being able to see what rep. I've given. Bette ryet would be to have a longer memory of what I've given/recvd.!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice Job Bob Keep up the great work. You and your dedicated staff are the readons this is one of the most active and largest MA forums on the net. Great job..
:supcool:

Thanks

Rick English

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great idea. I like the new layout very much. Kudos, Bob.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just noticed that either the new rep system or something else has caused the "art" bit of our profile displayed on each post to disappear entirely. I tried to reset it through my profile and it didn't work.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loki said:
I just noticed that either the new rep system or something else has caused the "art" bit of our profile displayed on each post to disappear entirely. I tried to reset it through my profile and it didn't work.
Please mention this in the post move problem thread. I had to set everything back to defaults, and missed that. Will readd it when I have a moment.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks good. This way, I can remember the rep that I gave to others.

BTW, some folks may have lost a few rep points during the transition, but as far as I am concerned, it all comes out in the wash. Helpful people will continue to get good marks, and trolls (whether inadvertant or deliberate) will continue to get thumped.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
So...

Basically this means Shesulsa has over 8000 rep points.... Damn... I thought I was doing nicely :(

I gave her all those. (for the hot pic in her profile.) :wink1:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
The number and value of the pips in each group of pips is defined by six settings in the vboptions > reputation options. The supplied default values will display 5 dark green, 5 light green and 10 golden pips before a star is displayed. The golden pips kick in at 2,000 points and it takes 10,000 points to get a star (so 20,000 for two etc ...). A line break can be inserted after the stars.

Bob, where can one find vboptions?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
what's ur rep power?

rep power is the amount of rep points you can give a person when you pos rep them for a post. Different people can give different amounts depending on their own rep and how long they have been a member and how many posts they have.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
Oh, I suppose you want rep for that, eh? .... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . check it out ...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
So...

Uhhhh .... I'm not quite that high yet. Math is not required, but helpful, Andy.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:

you're muffin yourself there, Satt.:)

sattprofile.jpg

Latest Discussions