Every dojo needs a...

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How would you finish this sentence? Every dojo (studio, kwoon, gym) needs a...

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
How would you finish this sentence? Every dojo (studio, kwoon, gym) needs a...

Water fountain.

staying hydrated is important in intense training.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree Terry. Something my dojang doesn't have .... munchies (healthy stuff) and drinks like Gatoraid. They work us hard, and the first thing I want after class is a Gatoraid and a power bar before class.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Plenty of good instructors, plenty of mat space and students ready to learn.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Humorous answers:

A shinai to create loud noises, so that misbehaving students can be brought in line.

A bottle of bourbon, whisky, or scotch, for medicinal purposes only. :)

Serious answers:

Massage table, and someone at least proficient in the art. Furthermore, the one proficient in the art has to be someone that everyone can trust, since it's not unusual to run into people who are afraid of other people's hands on their bodies.

Training can be tough on the muscles, and even the toughest can get cramps, pinched nerves, etc. This is even more true in Jiu-Jitsu, when people will sometimes fall incorrectly (it happens to everyone at least once).

A session of massage therapy can dramatically cut down on the intensity of the pain, as well as the length of suffering. Having various heating and cooling linaments are invaluable as well.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
Humorous answers:

A shinai to create loud noises, so that misbehaving students can be brought in line.

A bottle of bourbon, whisky, or scotch, for medicinal purposes only. :)

Serious answers:

Massage table, and someone at least proficient in the art. Furthermore, the one proficient in the art has to be someone that everyone can trust, since it's not unusual to run into people who are afraid of other people's hands on their bodies.

Training can be tough on the muscles, and even the toughest can get cramps, pinched nerves, etc. This is even more true in Jiu-Jitsu, when people will sometimes fall incorrectly (it happens to everyone at least once).

A session of massage therapy can dramatically cut down on the intensity of the pain, as well as the length of suffering. Having various heating and cooling linaments are invaluable as well.

i'M WITH YOU...

I hereby volunteer myself as a willing massage ViCtIm.

Regards,
Walt

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A group of people that care about what they are doing and that function as a team, helping each other without big ego's. Neccessary safety equipment.

The rest is just bonuses, same as any other sport. If you want to play basketball you need a ball, hoops, and people wanting to play, nothing more.

A Dojo with a weight room, a high ranking instructor, mats, bags, showers, and every other feature is still nothing without those things, in the same way it doesn't matter how fancy of gym you got, with glass backboards and a top coach. No ball, no game. The guys in the outdoor court and only one hop are better off.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In schools that also teach children, I would like to see more shock collars on kids for when they leave the locker rooms a mess. They drop a sock they get a shock!

Dirty laundry and shoes everywhere is a serious dojo violation! Fight the good fight and forbid your tiny (ninjas, dragons, tigers, insert unecessary label to make children feel like they are part of a group they are already a part of) from leaving the Dressing Rooms a mess.

For only nineteen ninety five you can get 10 pattented shock collars...But waite there's more!

Sorry, Needed to vent on that one...
Couldn't be helped.
Regards,
Walt

Latest Discussions