Evaluate a school for me?

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sir,
What you put into an art is what you get out of it. I suppose a question you might ask yourself, is "What do I want out of a Martial Art?" Granted that is a huge question, but the answers may suprise you and lead you in the right direction.

OP
E

earl

Skarbromantis:
I would hope you can see the difference between a one time trip of three hours each way and a daily round trip of 50-60 minutes. I'm glad your friends have two hours a day to spend commuting, but I don't.

Hollywood: I'm not quite sure what I want out of an MA; I'd prefer to give it a solid try for 3 to six months and then make up my mind. Ideally, a useful set of self defense skills and some exercise. Perhaps there is more to be gained, but I won't really know until I try. I do know that I'm really not interested in tournaments. I've also been lifting weights seriously for two years and will be done in another one or two; that is to say, within two years, I will be at a point where I don't want to get any bigger and will be happy changing over to maintenance workouts. Ideally, a MA would be a nice workout and I would shift to a maintenance workout only in the gym.

Why do all of you practice a MA? If you don't mind my asking, what do you all get out of it?

-earl-

Latest Discussions