Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Elmhurst College to Ask About Sexual Orientation
A "yes" answer could put students in line to qualify for a scholarship
By Ivanna Hampton NBC CHICAGO EXCERPT:
| Thursday, Aug 25, 2011 | Updated 9:07 AM CDT
College to Ask About Sexual Orientation

NBC5

Elmhurst College put a question on its admissions application that won’t appear on any other school's application.

"Would you consider yourself to be a member of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered) community?”

That optional question makes Elmhurst the first school in the country to ask applicants about their sexual orientation or gender identity, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Gary Rold, the dean of students at Elmhurst, stressed the question falls in line with the campus’ mission statement to increase diversity.
END EXCERPT
Again, if discrimination is banned, then why is asking about race/sex/sexual preference/etc allowed?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Elmhurst College to Ask About Sexual Orientation
A "yes" answer could put students in line to qualify for a scholarship
By Ivanna Hampton NBC CHICAGO EXCERPT:
| Thursday, Aug 25, 2011 | Updated 9:07 AM CDT
College to Ask About Sexual Orientation

NBC5

Elmhurst College put a question on its admissions application that won’t appear on any other school's application.

"Would you consider yourself to be a member of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered) community?”

That optional question makes Elmhurst the first school in the country to ask applicants about their sexual orientation or gender identity, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Gary Rold, the dean of students at Elmhurst, stressed the question falls in line with the campus’ mission statement to increase diversity.
END EXCERPT
Again, if discrimination is banned, then why is asking about race/sex/sexual preference/etc allowed?

I guess asking stupid questions can't be stopped.
I just hope people are not stupid enough to answer them...

Kinda like my husband's dentist...asked for my Social Security number.... it's a case of Nonya....Non ya business....
Same as to whom I oogle over and try to share my bed/life with.

Latest Discussions