Electronic scoring-- that is the question

Electronic scoring IF:

• all legal target areas are detected

and

• they dial it in so taps aren't counted and ONLY very, very hard strikes ARE scored

and

• ALLOW hand striking to the head — but don't give points for it :)

Implement these three along with electronic scoring and I think we may have a game worth playing and watching.

Ironically this was just written. makes you think. Why not a "real" electronics company?

http://www.mookas.us/media_view.asp?news_no=1592
Very interesting indeed. But I would bet that if they could get the price points down, the Electronic Hogu would be used at local matches. Also it would be the electronics that you would purchase and replace most often not the hogu it self. I say they need to be developing sensors that can be placed over or in or under traditional hogus.

Hell, eliminate the hogu and just develop a mesh shirt and use that. Simple enough. Sometime dog chases his tail so long he forgets there are other things to chase and catch.

Very interesting indeed. But I would bet that if they could get the price points down, the Electronic Hogu would be used at local matches.

E-Hogus will be used for Black Belts at this year's Jimmy Kim Invitiaitonal. No mention if they will be La Just, Addidas, or something else.

Just another reason that the JKI is a cut above every other "local" event.

E-Hogus will be used for Black Belts at this year's Jimmy Kim Invitiaitonal. No mention if they will be La Just, Addidas, or something else.

Yes theJKI is up there. That is why he was just named head coach of the US National Poomsae Team. Go Master Kim.

But he has worked his way up there over the years.

Is that all BB or just a few division? Also is he going to let us know which one before the tournament?

Is that all BB or just a few division? Also is he going to let us know which one before the tournament?

The website (http://www.thejki.com) just says BB will use E-Hogu. I am sure more details will be available shortly. Master Kim is not known for withholding secrets about his and his father's annual event.

The website (http://www.thejki.com) just says BB will use E-Hogu. I am sure more details will be available shortly. Master Kim is not known for withholding secrets about his and his father's annual event.

I have known Master Kim for over twenty year and know he will let us know everything. I was just wondering if you knew anything before it was posted.

I've seen too much inaccurate scoring. For example in one world tournament Stephen Lopez was awarded a point for kicking his opponent in the butt. If I'm not mistaken I think the match would have tied if that did not happen.
Do you remember the World Championships at Madison Square Garden? It was sometime in the early 90's and was on ABC. Anyway, there was a female match (I think Mexico against Korea) and the Korean got absolutely destroyed, but they kept giving her points when she wasn't even kicking.

Latest Discussions

Back