Effective Technique

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, let's remember that this is a family friendly environment and keep the conversation reasonably clean, shall we?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, let's remember that this is a family friendly environment and keep the conversation reasonably clean, shall we?

? Someone is being obtuse and someone else is thinking his posts are pointless but no one is being rude. I'm lying in bed with flu and am on my tablet I don't have the will or the wit at the moment to be rude.

Last edited:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
? Someone is being obtuse and someone else is thinking his posts are pointless but no one is being rude. I'm lying in bed with flu and am on my tablet I don't have the will or the wit at the moment to be rude.
All my post have a point until you challenge the very meaning of the words I use. Being over the top, and going over the top, mean different things. I didn't make the rules. I'm sorry you are sick, but this is getting sick. LOL

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my post have a point until you challenge the very meaning of the words I use. Being over the top, and going over the top, mean different things. I didn't make the rules. I'm sorry you are sick, but this is getting sick. LOL

As in you mean this cool? It ain't LOL :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not about 'challenging' the meaning of words but it is hard to understand when you use phrases that are basically unknown in other cultures, often, as has been noted before, different words have different meanings in different countries. Often mis-spellings or the use of a word in a different way from accepted norms make understanding very difficult. I did tell you I didn't understand your posts, your explanations did little to help frankly as you were amusing yourself mistaking obtuseness for drollery. Even by saying 'this is getting sick' can be misunderstood, 'sick' is used here by younger people as meaning 'very good', us older people understand 'sick' to be something perverted.
You were, I believe, looking for a synonym for an expression equivalent to yours of 'Hail Mary', I would suggest 'last ditch' 'precipitate' 'temerarious' or perhaps even 'reckless'. Now, let that be an end to it and we can resume the OP's intentions of discussing an 'Effective Technique'.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not about 'challenging' the meaning of words but it is hard to understand when you use phrases that are basically unknown in other cultures, often, as has been noted before, different words have different meanings in different countries. Often mis-spellings or the use of a word in a different way from accepted norms make understanding very difficult. I did tell you I didn't understand your posts, your explanations did little to help frankly as you were amusing yourself mistaking obtuseness for drollery. Even by saying 'this is getting sick' can be misunderstood, 'sick' is used here by younger people as meaning 'very good', us older people understand 'sick' to be something perverted.
You were, I believe, looking for a synonym for an expression equivalent to yours of 'Hail Mary', I would suggest 'last ditch' 'precipitate' 'temerarious' or perhaps even 'reckless'. Now, let that be an end to it and we can resume the OP's intentions of discussing an 'Effective Technique'.
Ok, but lets get back to the word, "Empower"; you have stated Bob's don't empower; well, of course they do. Just as the military has the new recruits shoot a man shaped targets, so that they are used to shooting at man shaped targets, when battle really occurs, a Bob also, has new martial art recruits hitting a man shaped targets, for when a fight really happens. I admit I was being snarky, but there is even truth in my snarkiness, or I wouldn't be doing it. And, before you say it, my computer is telling me, "Snarkiness" is not a word. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it didn't empower ME. You can't argue with that because that's my personal experience. I don't really care whether it empowers anyone else or not, you are arguing for the sake of it.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I said it didn't empower ME. You can't argue with that because that's my personal experience. I don't really care whether it empowers anyone else or not, you are arguing for the sake of it.
But then Dirty Dog agreed with you and it made me mad, ;)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I doubt you wouldn't have brought Bob up if you were not, somehow, empowered by him

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt you wouldn't have brought Bob up if you were not, somehow, empowered by him

I don't have the sort of character that needs to be 'empowered' by working with a tool. And if you are trying to wind me up you aren't doing very well, I will stick to working with useful tools like Bob.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have the sort of character that needs to be 'empowered' by working with a tool. And if you are trying to wind me up you aren't doing very well, I will stick to working with useful tools like Bob.
Useful things are empowering. :)

Latest Discussions