Editable Poomsae Diagrams

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In the past, some people have asked me for the PowerPoint version of my Kukkiwon-style poomsae diagrams, so that they can edit the file (well, at least the textual part) and use the diagrams in their own schools (for instance, to include the diagrams in the school's student guide). Of course I'm okay with that -- I consider the diagrams to be licensed as Creative Commons - Share Alike. (Otherwise, why would I be using them on the wiki?) For those who are interested, the PowerPoint file can be downloaded from here:

dropcanvas - instant drag and drop sharing - Poomsae

In terms of downloading the file, I know that when I try to access the "dropcanvas" website from my office, the firewall at work will complain that this might be an unsafe website (I guess because there must be some unsigned javascript in dropcanvas) but I've never had any such problems with the website, and honestly drop canvas is the easiest way I've found to to publicly share documents. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Feel free to modify, customize, and use the diagrams in your own schools. I would ask that if you find any errors in the diagrams, please let me know so that I can fix those errors on the taekwondo wiki.

I know the graphics aren't ideal -- I'm not really a 3D design person -- these are pretty-much as good as I can make them.

Diagrams were created with my own software: Poomsae Designer
Poomsae Designer

This is what happens when an IT guy takes up taekwondo.

OP
TrueJim

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I read the title of your thread as "edible."

Made me scratch my head.

I suppose they could be! Right now I'm experimenting with turning one into something that can be 3D printed. We have a blind student in our school, and I'm wondering if this might be a useful study aid for him. If you can print the diagram in plastic, I don't know why you couldn't print it out of -- say -- chocolate! How would that be for the perfect taekwondo gift! :-D

Latest Discussions