ed parker

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
My friends who don't train don't understand, which is fine with me. They don't need to.

that's how I feel. I've tried to get some of my "friends" to come try it out; all they do is poke fun and make snide remarks. I brush it off and go about my business.

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Big Pat
I did get to meet Mr. Dave Hebler {esp. his foot} one night when he kicked me for the belt tests. From four feet away I never saw his foot move.

Dave Hebler rawks! I loooove that guy! I remember once he had me by the throat and dangling against a wall as he was explaining a fight. I got him back though. I got him all drunk and the next day he had a huuuge hangover! That'll teach him to mess with me!
:rofl:

M

M F

I remember being at the Kajukenbo school I trained at, and hearing of Mr. Parker's passing. Only the founder of our system had met Mr. Parker. But the mood of the school was very somber. I think the people there definitely knew the importance of the role he played in American Martial Arts.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Chronuss
that's how I feel. I've tried to get some of my "friends" to come try it out; all they do is poke fun and make snide remarks. I brush it off and go about my business.
I keep telling you, instead of brushing it off, teach them about the importance of torque.....

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
I've tried to get some of my "friends" to come try it out; all they do is poke fun and make snide remarks.

Well then, Do you really want them as friends??

B

bahenlaura

Originally posted by rachel
I'm bummed out. Just got back from class. It was a good workout but the teacher was talking to another student about ed parker and shaolin kempo. now I'm new at this martial arts things and I love it but I don't know too much about it but what I hear on martial talk. You all talk about ed parker all the time. I wanted to sit in on the conversation to learn more but my friend (we carpool) had to go. I'll have to ask the teacher if he can talk to me sometime after class about all this. I'm thirsty for knowledge. The more I do karate the more I want to do and learn and experience. It's so addicting.:)

:p

Rachel,

I Started Kenpo about couple of months after Mr. Parker's passing. My Teacher, Si-Bok (Tom Kelly) was one of his best students. He helped Mr. Parker orgenize and run few of the International Tournoments. He was there with some other kenpo greats at the time when Kenpo was just being formed as we know it today. As matter of fact The KICKING SET #1 was made by Si-Bok and inserted in the system By Mr. Parker. Si-Bok tells us alot of stories about the Great One! He told us about how personable Mr. Parker use to be and he always loved to laugh. When he hit you defently felt the power and when he moved you felt the grace. His absence is our loss but he left part of himself in everyone that he came into contact with. To know him and honor him is to know and honor the ones that he spent time with.

Your Brother In Art
Burt Eskandarion

:asian:

R

Ronin

Yeah Mr. Conatser would have a million stories of Mr. Parker. I am glad I was uble to meet him many times through Mr. Conatser. He was one in a million. Even in his fifties Mr.Parker was so fast he made the young guys look three times their age.

Latest Discussions