Earning my Crest?

Stooooo

White Belt
Reaction score
This coming Monday I will have the chance to train with SGM Frank Trejo in a semi-private lesson. Is it true that this will enable me to earn my crest? I have just recently joined FTKA. I am new to the world of kenpo, but I am very excited about the prospect of meeting a legend.

I also heard a rumor that he does cup checks, is this true??

All the best,
Stu

OP
Stooooo

Stooooo

White Belt
Reaction score
Frank Trejo has been known to give a cup check from time to time. Be prepared to be pushed to your mental limits
Well since I am only a white belt, my instructor said he generally takes it easy on us. That being said, I look forward to the opportunity to train with him. I don't mind the mental or physical pressure.

Thanks for the advice...

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The explanation I've heard is that when you take a private lesson with GM Trejo you receive one of his crest patches - which is the Parker crest all in black & white to symbolize the SGM's passing.

OP
Stooooo

Stooooo

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow!!! All I can say is what an experience. He worked with us for 2 1/2 hours. I learned some amazing things. And yes I did experience an accidental cup-check. It was definitely something I will remember and I am proud to say I earned my crest.

All the best,
Stu

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow!!! All I can say is what an experience. He worked with us for 2 1/2 hours. I learned some amazing things. And yes I did experience an accidental cup-check. It was definitely something I will remember and I am proud to say I earned my crest.

All the best,
Stu

Congratulations!