Mr. Trejo and teaching at the IKKA HQ

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Taken from the KenpoNET from Angelo Collado

Its True! I workout at Trejo's house on Monday and Wed Eve in his garage. On Mondays we do Stickyhands variation drills/forms and technique work covering the belt material. On Wed eve we bang and run the line. We play alot, graft alot mix up all the technques and create some kick *** KENPO!
Trejo announced on Monday that we are officially meeting starting on Wed(Tommorrow) at the Pasadena School at 6:00PM. We will drill and run the line. I personally invite all you local blackbelts to come over and bang with us. We are supporting the new IKKA movement and I hope you will all keep an open mind to all the new changes.
Frank Trejo is now the first 10th in the IKKA and will be the lead player along with a few more well established Blackbelt seniors. Come one come all!!!
Angelo Collado

OP
kenpo3631

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
He's teaching here Monday through Thursday, full time under the IKKA!! Mon & Wed. nights starting from 6pm. Tues & Thurs from 11-12noon, then 7-8pm.

:asian:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great, I wish him great success in the new venture. I hope his expectations remain fufilled and he is happy with the new IKKA. I look forward to hearing more.

Oss,
-Michael

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Michael Billings
I look forward to hearing more.

Anyone have any idea when that's gonna be?!?!?

Everyone's known about the IKKA's "plans" now (everyone on the
net) for months now, yet there's all this secrecy and
mystery behind it by the powers that be. Even Edmund, when
asked just spoke of a "major announcement" .. but won't say
when. He's treating the smaller schools like the ***** of kenpo.
I'm a bit tired of it... how about a press release?

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
guess i don't keep up on all these organization comings and goings as much as i used to. can someone explain what the big deal is with this "new IKKA"?

this is pretty much the first i've heard of it...

K

Kirk

IKKA Answer: We'll be making a major announcement in the
very near future, but what's happening is very exciting.

Rumors I've heard all over the net: One of Mr Parker's
daughter married a wealthy business man who's specialty is
turning profitable companies into multi million dollar corporations.
He's going to attempt to do that with Kenpo, via the IKKA, which
he apparantly bought from Mrs Parker. Ed Jr is the president of
said organization, and the Pasadena studio is like a museum of
sorts for kenpoists. The new IKKA will clamp down on anything
American Kenpo that they legally can do, such as not selling
Infinite Insights to anyone that's not in the IKKA, not allowing the
use of the tech names to new schools, etc. A bunch of seniors
have been offered big salaries, and severence packages to do
what it is that they do, just under the umbrella of the IKKA ... so
the personal management of doing seminars goes away. They're
going to start doing infomercials, advertising kenpo somehow, to
promote kenpo. So if you have an IKKA affiliate school, and
someone sees the infomercial and calls for more info, well they'll
give them the address to your school. I've heard lil pieces from all
sorts of people, and this is the collective ... for some reason, no
one wants to talk about it online. :confused:

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
He's treating the smaller schools like the ***** of kenpo.
I'm a bit tired of it... how about a press release?

First off, just who are you again to be ' tired ' of waiting around for the official ' opening up '?

I have spoken with Mr. Larry Kongaika, and he says that though some of the details behind the new movement of the IKKA have already been leaked, they do not wish to make their official announcement until everything is set up and ready to go. Is that what you're tired of, Kirk?

Also, I'd have a bit more respect for those who have been working their asses off for this art longer than you've even been in it, especially when you speak of Edmund. He is a good man who pours himself into trying to keep his father's dreams alive and in the positive light SGM Parker wished them to be in.

I don't mean to come off as harsh here, however I would advise that you think twice before typing such disrespectful words on a public forum.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
First off, just who are you again to be ' tired ' of waiting around for the official ' opening up '?

I have spoken with Mr. Larry Kongaika, and he says that though some of the details behind the new movement of the IKKA have already been leaked, they do not wish to make their official announcement until everything is set up and ready to go. Is that what you're tired of, Kirk?

Also, I'd have a bit more respect for those who have been working their asses off for this art longer than you've even been in it, especially when you speak of Edmund. He is a good man who pours himself into trying to keep his father's dreams alive and in the positive light SGM Parker wished them to be in.

I don't mean to come off as harsh here, however I would advise that you think twice before typing such disrespectful words on a public forum.

You have your opinion, and I have mine. Edmund has gone out
to other schools and recruited them into the IKKA. Yet others
get the "hold off till I'm ready to tell you the 'big secret' " routine.
He's a good man, open to comment, and criticism .. he told me
himself.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
Indeed. And openly-shared opinions should at least carry some respect underneath the words.

Respect is an earned thing .... I didn't say anything about him, or
who he is .. just the way things are being handled ... and it's not
just him, it's the whole org that's taking this stance.

OP
kenpo3631

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
I spoke with an extremely reputable source yesterday about this subject, and I can say this, without this push that Ed is making with his brother-in-law, the IKKA would be CAPUT!!! Yes Ed is approaching individuals to help draw back members into the almost defunct association. Yes they will be well compensated and why shouldn't they, many of them were discarded after years of loyal service and dedication to Ed's father, however that isnot what the compensation is for...it is for there services within thenew corporation. Many are leary, and naturally so, if you knew how some were treated after Mr. Parkers death you'd know why. Let this thing take its course and see where it leads. It might be a worth while venture!:asian:

G

gravity

I'm curious with the new improved IKKA, what do you all think will happen to the other organisations (WKKA, AKKS, AKKI, IKKO, LTKKA etc). I'm not too sure how different the material taught in these organisations differ from the IKKA. I suppose organisations such as the IKCA will still grow because of the different type of material being taught. Any opinions would be great.

Thank You Kindly

K

Kirk

Originally posted by gravity
I'm curious with the new improved IKKA, what do you all think will happen to the other organisations (WKKA, AKKS, AKKI, IKKO, LTKKA etc). I'm not too sure how different the material taught in these organisations differ from the IKKA. I suppose organisations such as the IKCA will still grow because of the different type of material being taught. Any opinions would be great.

Thank You Kindly

I heard that they'll still be allowed to exist, under the IKKA.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kirk
I heard that they'll still be allowed to exist, under the IKKA.

Whew! That is going to have an impact.....

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i don't know any of the facts with what is going on with this "business venture." that's what it's being made out to sound like. right now it gives me that feeling in your gut you get after you girlfriend dumps you. just sounds like a big mess, focusing so much on the business side of things. i really don't know what to make of it.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by tarabos
i don't know any of the facts with what is going on with this "business venture." that's what it's being made out to sound like. right now it gives me that feeling in your gut you get after you girlfriend dumps you. just sounds like a big mess, focusing so much on the business side of things. i really don't know what to make of it.

I think it'll be either REALLY good .. or REALLY bad ... depends on
how they handle it. The internationals would be pretty awesome
if ppl, because of this venture were able to put their politics aside.

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
School or even Organisation
curriculum is not supposed to be an issue.
The idea is to open the IKKA to everyone, including other Arts.
I hear there may be a special out reach towards other 'American' arts to try and get them on board.

I know a lot of people have been waiting to see what is going to happen for some time now. Me included. And it seems a little scarry when we all hear stories and it seems like the seniors are disappearing into this 'new' IKKA all the time.

I remember when groups of school owners said that if Edmund took over, then they would either sign up or re-sign up again.
He replied many times that he had no wish to do so. Obviously things have changed, all we can hope for is that this change is for the better.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

My opinion means nothing, but I do think that this reorganization of sorts within the I.K.K.A. will be for the best... not just for the members of the I.K.K.A., but the entire Kenpo Community.

I feel that it is only a matter of time before we all are aware of the new improvments being made and like any matter of importance, information is leaked and is misguidied.

Lets not make assumptions, but wait for the truth from those higher up in the ranks of the I.K.K.A. I do not think they are trying to hide anything from anyone, they are just waiting for the right time.

In the words of Mr. Ed Parker Sr., "Patience is an Art that can make success pleasurable."

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh
IKKA

Latest Discussions