Drills

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I tend to think of what skills I need to improve and make my own drills on the spot based on that.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You should make your favor entering strategies into drills.

For example,

- Guid your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm (both of his arms won't give you trouble at that moment).
- Take him down, and end the striking game.

Last edited:

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You should make your favor entering strategies into drills.

For example,

- Guid your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm (both of his arms won't give you trouble at that moment).
- Take him down, and end the striking game.

Read the OP...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My current favorites:
  • heavy bag work (this tends to be fairly free-form, but usually includes me working sets of combinations, with an entry)
  • staff kata (I like the grip exercise it necessarily entails, the balance work, the body conditioning, and just the focus time)
  • stick work on heavy bag
What I work on changes with my aims. Right now, I'm not working on anything specific, so am enjoying this set. I've got some foot surgery coming up, and when I get started back after that, I'll be focused on balance. Likely, I'll start out with a lot of kata, to avoid much strain on the foot. Then I'll probably do a lot of kick drills once the foot is ready.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rolls and falls. You can never be too good at those. These also happen to be the skills we will most likely need to use outside of the dojo.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavy bag work with punch combinations mainly as main stay. Including chain punching.

Whatever else I need to work on basically. At moment more drills geared towards me coming back from last year health wise. Can't do very much even with stop kicks at the mo.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions