Drill Training Method

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is my favor training method when partner is not available, no forms but drills. You can train both sides left , right, and repeat, or you can just train one side only. The 1st clip may not map to application directly but the 2nd clip does. Your solo drill training can be just partner drill training without partner (as shown in the 2nd clip). This way, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. When you train your solo drill, you are also "polishing" your partner drill.

Your thought?

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you train "1 step 3 punches" (as shown in the following clip), will you

- train in combat speed? Instead of use 1 second to throw each punch, will you throw all 3 punches within 1 second?
- punch from the "guard" (as shown in the following picture) instead of punch from the waist (as shown in the following clip)?
- use higher combat stance instead of use the low CMA stance if your target is your opponent's head?
- train your solo drill as you train fighting, or train your solo drill as you train form?

Your thought?

1_step_3_punches.jpg

Last edited:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

- train in combat speed? Instead of use 1 second to throw each punch, will you throw all 3 punches within 1 second?
- punch from the "guard" (as shown in the following picture) instead of punch from the waist (as shown in the following clip)?
- use higher combat stance instead of use the low CMA stance if your target is your opponent's head?
- train your solo drill as you train fighting, or train your solo drill as you train form?

Your thought?

1_step_3_punches.jpg

Interesting KFW. I don't understand in the context of the particular MA, but thanks for posting. Very nice :) Going to look at this some more.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is my favor training method when partner is not available, no forms but drills. You can train both sides left , right, and repeat, or you can just train one side only. The 1st clip may not map to application directly but the 2nd clip does. Your solo drill training can be just partner drill training without partner (as shown in the 2nd clip). This way, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. When you train your solo drill, you are also "polishing" your partner drill.

Your thought?

So… you're saying that your favourite training method when you don't have a partner is to train solo? Is that it, or is there more that I'm missing… cause there doesn't look like there's anything more to it than that...

Your thought?

1_step_3_punches.jpg

Why would I train such a thing? Do you really, honestly, think that all martial arts are made up of the same things, John? It certainly comes across that way in your posts… and I have to say, it's really far from the reality...

23rdwave

Green Belt
Reaction score

Your thought?

1_step_3_punches.jpg
- Yes. Both.
- Both.
- Low CMA stance. I target his center. The head will come to me.
- Fighting.