Dr Ron Chapel visits the UK May 2005

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well it’s been nearly a year since the BKKU Summer Camp when Kenpoists in the UK and many from Europe and further afield were exposed to the talents of Dr Ron Chapel and his Sub Level 4 concepts and principles.

If you missed the camp then you definitely missed some truly eye opening knowledge and talent from the man himself and his student Mr Ryan Angell. However it’s not too late because the BKKU are now bringing Mr Chapel over again this year for a whistle stop tour of Ireland and the UK.

When? I hear you say - Well it’s the May Bank Holiday Sunday 1st May and is to be held in Exeter. Check the BKKU events calendar and set yourself a reminder. The cost for the Seminar, which is 4 hours long, is only £40 and you will need to register your place at the Seminar and pay the Seminar Fee by no later than four weeks before the Seminar date. You can do this by contacting Mr Kevin Mills on 07778 921623 who will provide you with the necessary details.

A Bit About Dr Chapel.

Dr Ron Chapél, who was a close personal and family friend of Ed Parker from 1963 until his passing in 1990, studied with Parker privately and continuously during that period. He has been teaching kenpo since 1964 and has been a law enforcement officer for 30 years.

Dr Ron Chapel from the US is the foremost authority on Sub Level Four Kenpo Concepts. Since the passing of Senior Grandmaster Ed Parker, Dr Ron Chapel has become a sought after, internationally renowned instructor. He began working on Advanced American Kenpo Concepts with his teacher as part of a book and video series. Dr Ron Chapel, through Mr. Parker's teachings and his volume of personal notes, continues to develop the Legacy of Grandmaster Parker. Sub Level Four Concepts explore the side of Kenpo that few have seen. Sub Level Four curriculum includes Control Manipulation Theory and Cavity Presses (Nerve Strikes) with Destructive Sequencing.

These are the elements of American Kenpo that were explored with him by SGM E.K Parker throughout their almost thirty year relationship. Additionally newer concepts have been developed including Misalignment Technology and use of Spatial Distortion.

And finally a quote from Senior Grand Master E K Parker himself:-

"Integrity Through Excellence."

“When I am gone, I hope that people won't try to traditionalize my Art. I want you to always remember that Kenpo will always be the Art of Perpetual Change. If you remember this, then the Art will never become obsolete because it will change with the times. While the ignorant refuse to study and the intelligent never stop, we should always be mindful of the fact that our reward in life is proportionate with the contributions we make.

A true Martial Artist is not one who fears change, but one who causes it to happen. To live is to change, and to obtain perfection is to have changed often. Progress is a necessity that is a part of nature. While it is true that casting the old aside is not necessary in order to obtain something new, we should study old theories not as a means of discrediting them, but to see if they can be modified to improve our present conditions. A word of advice, The humble man makes room for progress; the proud man believes he is already there."

Edmund Kealoha Parker Sr.
Volume 2, Infinite Insights

Shortay

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I will definitely be there Amrik - as long as I survive my next grading! :xtrmshock

The summer camp was an incredible experience and I am really looking forward to seeing Doc again!

Shortay Claire