DQ,s because sometimes the ring is the street.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brian. Check out 7.11 that is my dirty neck crank guard pass.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone submit from the attempted pass but look at the guy doing it. He is a monster!!!

I pull it off. I am not huge. Even if it dosent work it sucks the life out of them for fairly little cost. I don't think is is a strength issue it is more it can be blocked with a forearm in throat. But the block has to be quick and instinctive.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like that as well but from a standing position. Though you have to be prepared for the attempted sweep.

We do a lot of standing in guard anyway due to ground and pound. Which is a bit of an art form in itself.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are getting picked up like that , and it is likely your head is going to be slammed into the ground why don't they disengage their legs ?
That could be fatal on concrete.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are getting picked up like that , and it is likely your head is going to be slammed into the ground why don't they disengage their legs ?
That could be fatal on concrete.

in most BJJ competition slamming is illegal, so some folks get into the habit of hanging on while being picked up. I agree that it's a dangerous habit for a real fight. I always tell my students to let go if they are being picked up.

Latest Discussions