Don't tell them you know martial arts

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you're ever involved in a physical altercation self defense situation and it goes to court, don't tell them or let them know in any way, shape, or form if you've got any background in the martial arts. It will probably work against you in court.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think they'll probably find out since I wear my gi 24/7 everywhere I go. Just so people know not to mess with me. But I'll consider Photonguy's sage advice. Next thing you know he's start saying its a bad idea for me to brandish my sai in the courtroom.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're ever involved in a physical altercation self defense situation and it goes to court, don't tell them or let them know in any way, shape, or form if you've got any background in the martial arts. It will probably work against you in court.

Is that a considered statement from a qualified legal professional?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is that a considered statement from a qualified legal professional?
No he heard it once and he decided to post it but he doesn't care if you like his post it's not his problem cause he's not changing how he posts cause he heard that he can post things and ..................now my brain hurts

Reactions: MJS

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Now you have to kill us

hey...don't even worry about it

mib-memory-eraser.jpeg

tumblr_lpqpnaOxs71qm01ov.gif

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you are in a self defence situation and you utilise your martial art skills, as long as you haven't stepped over the line between self defence and retaliation you shouldn't have any problem at all. You are entitled to use reasonable force to defend yourself.

If you are involved in a physical confrontation that is not involved in self defence you only have yourself to blame.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think they'll probably find out since I wear my gi 24/7 everywhere I go. Just so people know not to mess with me. But I'll consider Photonguy's sage advice. Next thing you know he's start saying its a bad idea for me to brandish my sai in the courtroom.

Brandishing sai at your own backyard barbecue might be fair game. :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Better not tell Facebook, either. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are in a self defence situation and you utilise your martial art skills, as long as you haven't stepped over the line between self defence and retaliation you shouldn't have any problem at all. You are entitled to use reasonable force to defend yourself.

If you are involved in a physical confrontation that is not involved in self defence you only have yourself to blame.

Unless they have a good lawyer.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score

True, but there is debate as to what is "reasonable force."

Latest Discussions