Dojo date! <3

Just4Kicks

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lonely? Feel like none of your partners ever understood you because they just could not comprehend you passion for martial arts?

*cracks into hysterics* Yeah... for some reason I just can't take it seriously. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Laugh if you must, but an acquaintance of mine actually makes a good living running an equestrian singles site. People are weird.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay, is that a picture of Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshi in the upper left hand corner? The red haired samurai is definitely Himura Kenshin, or intentionally looks like him.

Daniel

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There was a BJJ girl looking for a team but something tells me she is not looking for a competition team.:uhyeah:

Stacy how much does your friend make running the site.

In Japan I had a friend who was Chinese who ran a service where old Japanese men marry young Chinese girls and for every marriage she would get paided pretty well too.

My mother-inlaw worked for her and was going to have a Japanese marry Japanese service it did not work out for some reason.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Stacy how much does your friend make running the site.

I'm not sure; she's only an acquaintance. She just said she was living comfortably off her earnings. Since she keeps horses (which are really expensive to board here), she must be doing quite well.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Equestrian site works well because men get involved with women who have horses not having any idea of just how time consuming horses ( and the barn social life) are and how much money they cost. The men at some point decide the women need to give the horses up and say " make a choice, the horses or me". The horses almost always win. It's easier to find a man who likes horses to begin with, or at least understands your passion and won't force you into that corner. The best is if they will Help you willingly.
Heaven, I'm in heaven,
and my heart beats so I can hardly speak,
and I seem to find the happiness I seek,
when we are out together mending fences cheek to cheek.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Equestrian site works well because men get involved with women who have horses not having any idea of just how time consuming horses ( and the barn social life) are and how much money they cost. The men at some point decide the women need to give the horses up and say " make a choice, the horses or me". The horses almost always win. It's easier to find a man who likes horses to begin with, or at least understands your passion and won't force you into that corner. The best is if they will Help you willingly.
Heaven, I'm in heaven,
and my heart beats so I can hardly speak,
and I seem to find the happiness I seek,
when we are out together mending fences cheek to cheek.
Girl that is some cold logic! :D What I would not do with you as a wingman :D
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean members from here meeting and dating? I'm not sure, but if a marriage did result from a meeting here I think we should all be invited ... except Bill. LOL.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a thought. I'll bet a lot of guys get involved with girls ( women) who think the fact the guy does TMA or MMA is pretty cool but fail to understand the amount of time and dedication it takes to become really good or the love of the sport that pushes some to teach. Eventually the time, energy and money the guy spends on his art, dojo/ studio, students and compitions becomes seens as a negative and thus resented. Soon enough she will make demands that he stop spending soooo much time, effort, money on his passion and more on HER. After a few of these experiances I have no doubt that guys would look for a girl (woman) who would be involved with or at least understand his passion for Martail Arts so he doesn't have to go through this once again.
Lori

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Laugh if you must, but an acquaintance of mine actually makes a good living running an equestrian singles site. People are weird.

Do horses have trouble finding dates?

:)

Thanks, everyone.

I'll be here all week. Please be sure to tip the waitress., and drive safe.

Mark

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a thought. I'll bet a lot of guys get involved with girls ( women) who think the fact the guy does TMA or MMA is pretty cool but fail to understand the amount of time and dedication it takes to become really good or the love of the sport that pushes some to teach. Eventually the time, energy and money the guy spends on his art, dojo/ studio, students and compitions becomes seens as a negative and thus resented. Soon enough she will make demands that he stop spending soooo much time, effort, money on his passion and more on HER. After a few of these experiances I have no doubt that guys would look for a girl (woman) who would be involved with or at least understand his passion for Martail Arts so he doesn't have to go through this once again.
Lori

I gotta tell you, it's true. I once dated this girl who loved that I did karate, even boasted to her friends about me. Then about 6 months in it started to wear on her, the 3 nights a week and all day Saturday training. The waking up early every morning to go for a run or a swim. People outside the MA community really have little idea of the commitment it takes, we are a physical culture and like many other athletes non-sports people just don't understand.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There've been a few hookups through MT, KT and the DP. Couple friends of mine connected because of a scifi con site. So, it's possible. I almost installed the matchmaker add in a couple years back, but got talked out of it. lol

As to these other sites, most are fakes, 99% guys and fake profiles with stolen pics for the women. You have to pay to do anything, etc. Couple of the biggest are majorly tied into the adult industry (I have connections in the know). I avoid em, plus a few of the big names are fronts for crime and you're likely to get computer cooties from a visit (or would that be a computer std?).

Art work on this site is stolen. Kenshi/Karu top left, memories of a geisha top right, etc.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't know about that one, but there is one that says it helps you find "friends" and has lots of spin off sites.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't really know a lot about E-Harmony itself, but my best girl friend signed up and met some nice guys on there. Currently she's dating a great guy (we've all met him) who she met through E-Harmony. My impression is that it's a pretty good site.

Robyn

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is another way to make a buck for someone and that is OK by me. I believe in small business and total control of your own destiny.

Latest Discussions