Does WSLVT exist?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please remember that there is a rule against bashing entire arts. Discuss the merits of a style, but avoid the wholesale attacks on the art.

jks9199
MT Admin

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is the Eight Spazzing Knife form YM decided to teach at the end of his career too? :eek: :bag:

Apparently YM taught a great system until he was old, then he taught batsh1t crazy stuff for some reason, until he passed away.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice for once if the Wing Chun forum could have a intelligent aspect to it rather than fanboys having a whose is bigger contest. These sort of idiotic fanboy conflabs, only cause guest traffic to must the fact that some members need to let **** go. Leave the little boys to be little boys. Seriously, Wing Chun deserves better than these stupid linage and whatever argument. Grow up will you!!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Would be nice for once if the Wing Chun forum could have a intelligent aspect to it rather than fanboys having a whose is bigger contest. These sort of idiotic fanboy conflabs, only cause guest traffic to must the fact that some members need to let **** go. Leave the little boys to be little boys. Seriously, Wing Chun deserves better than these stupid linage and whatever argument. Grow up will you!!

Honestly, Transk, most of the 'Chunners on this forum are pretty friendly toward other lineages and eager to share ideas. There are only a couple of provocateurs who are consistently and deliberately getting the others riled up by claiming to practice the only coherent, correct, and functional VT that accurately reflects Yip Man's teachings.

...Not that those two don't have something to add. I've learned a bit from previous discussions, but since I'm not one of their co-religionists they'd probably deny that I understood them at all. ...sigh.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Transk, most of the 'Chunners on this forum are pretty friendly toward other lineages and eager to share ideas. There are only a couple of provocateurs who are consistently and deliberately getting the others riled up by claiming to practice the only coherent, correct, and functional VT that accurately reflects Yip Man's teachings.

...Not that those two don't have something to add. I've learned a bit from previous discussions, but since I'm not one of their co-religionists they'd probably deny that I understood them at all. ...sigh.... :rolleyes:

Thankfully you are a voice of reason ;) Can understand chunners, or anybody else really, can be fanatical (mean that without the worldly troubles attached), but the click baiting just ruins a discussion. I actually think KPM posted a good one. Enjoy reading his posts, just wish he could be left to post and discuss.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know a mod has already stepped in but...

Isn't life a bit too short for this kind of pettiness? For God's sake it can't be hard to keep this all in a string of PMs between you three and not take it public where everyone else has to deal with it. "HEY EVERYONE, GUY B. SAID THIS" is stupid and childish.

Even better I'd encourage y'all to get in a group Skype video session or something to debate and show your ideas to each other in real time. I think some good things could come out of it.

Last edited:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isn't life a bit too short for this kind of pettiness? For God's sake it can't be hard to keep this all in a string of PMs between you three and not take it public where everyone else has to deal with it.

Exactly. Not taking KPM's point as a personal thing, just more professional as it were. Guy B and LFJ need to reign it in. I could condescend them, but will not because that would mean being the same. Either way, Wing Chun is Wing Chun. Each individual subtracts or adds. The core would always be what it is, something that blinds many. No slight towards Keith, but idiocy has to stop. Keep it to Wing Chun, lineage should not be an issue, but personal experience on how those techniques are applied. A bridge is what it is, an object to carry. Maybe some of the members around here should heed that, not blind devotion to an ages old scripture.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

Isn't life a bit too short for this kind of pettiness? For God's sake it can't be hard to keep this all in a string of PMs between you three and not take it public where everyone else has to deal with it. "HEY EVERYONE, GUY B. SAID THIS" is stupid and childish.

Even better I'd encourage y'all to get in a group Skype video session or something to debate and show your ideas to each other in real time. I think some good things could come out of it.

Don't you guys get tired of the same old rhetoric from the dynamic duo? But hardly anyone will speak up and call them on their BS. But Ok. If you guys would rather just let them keep up the same old line of running down everyone else's Wing Chun, that's fine with me and I'll keep quite. But they aren't going to stop until they come to the realization that nobody believes them and that their viewpoint of superiority is not welcome here. When you are not challenging them on what they are saying, they just assume they have made a valid point and you have conceded the discussion to their superior viewpoint and better "VT." What has frustrated me in the past is that I know nearly everyone here is agreeing with me when I call them on things. But until recently no one else would ever spoke out to back me up.

But Ok. If that's what you guys want, I'll keep quite and just let them do their thing.

SaulGoodman

Green Belt
Reaction score
No KPM, this is a discussion forum and just as they have a right to their opinions you have a right to yours. Unfortunately Wing Chun is an art that brings out the partisan in a lot of us, I'm certainly as guilty as the next man on occasion. However, there is such a thing as tact and being even handed when standing up for ones own system. I haven't posted in a long time but as you have done yourself sometimes I have to get involved when I feel people are denigrating others in an arrogant and condescending manner simply because they can. It's ok (and sometimes useful) for someone to have conflicting views but not cool when it's done to create unpleasantness. This seems to be the case on many occasions on threads that could have been beneficial to many of us.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Don't you guys get tired of the same old rhetoric from the dynamic duo? But hardly anyone will speak up and call them on their BS.
I enjoy friendly discussion. I don't enjoy unfriendly argument. Sometime, some opinion are just too much contradict to what I have believed in, I'll jump in and say something.

There is always a price that I have to pay for it. If I just ignore those comments, I can have a happy, peaceful day of life. If I want to get involve serious argument with them, not only my blood pressure will go up, I will be in bad mode whole day. Is that truly worthwhile?

SaulGoodman

Green Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy friendly discussion. I don't enjoy unfriendly argument. Sometime, some opinion are just too much contradict to what I have believed in, I'll jump in and say something.

There is always a price that I have to pay for it. If I just ignore those comments, I can have a happy, peaceful day of life. If I want to get involve serious argument with them, not only my blood pressure will go up, I will be in bad mode whole day. Is that truly worthwhile?

To be honest it's rarely worth engaging as it does tend to induce a little stress. But sometimes statements are so (probably deliberate) provocative I simply have to say something

Wing Chun Auckland

Green Belt
Reaction score
To me it is super clear that WSL has taken wing chun in a certain direction and was an innovator. He had his own style and fighting philosophy. It is clearly NOT exactly what Yip Man taught, but why is that a bad thing? I just don't see why that is something to be so offended by. I even like the WSL approach.

This whole argument is really taking away from useful constructive discussions. I am really surprised moderators are not picking this up.

SaulGoodman

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's not the different approach that some find "offending", it's the simple fact that we are constantly being told that the WSL approach is the ONLY approach and anything else is irrelevant.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep we need to move on from this.

True. ...Say I had an interesting experience today. I crashed another WC school from a different and demanded to do chi sau with their guys to defend the honor of my lineage! Yeah, and then I got hit in the mouth. (It's the biggest target on my body as you can tell from my posts. :p) But I gave as well as I took. It was really great! I will visit them again or invite them to visit us. In fact I'm gonna start a thread about this. :D

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't you guys get tired of the same old rhetoric from the dynamic duo? But hardly anyone will speak up and call them on their BS. But Ok. If you guys would rather just let them keep up the same old line of running down everyone else's Wing Chun, that's fine with me and I'll keep quite. But they aren't going to stop until they come to the realization that nobody believes them and that their viewpoint of superiority is not welcome here. When you are not challenging them on what they are saying, they just assume they have made a valid point and you have conceded the discussion to their superior viewpoint and better "VT." What has frustrated me in the past is that I know nearly everyone here is agreeing with me when I call them on things. But until recently no one else would ever spoke out to back me up.

But Ok. If that's what you guys want, I'll keep quite and just let them do their thing.

What makes you think this is only about you? It's about all three of you, and I'm inclined to agree with your viewpoints and logic on most things as well. But the ONLY reason this is even an issue is because the three of you, not just you, not just Guy, not just LFJ, keep dragging it on in the public sphere.

I don't care who started it and I don't care which one of you is right. At this point it doesn't matter.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What makes you think this is only about you? It's about all three of you ...I don't care who started it and I don't care which one of you is right. At this point it doesn't matter.

True enough, Keith does get sucked into these arguments in spite of himself. Oh well. On the bright side, I've noticed that the forum is way more active when these arguments get heated. The flip side is that it's a negative sort of activity. If only people could just show a little restraint. I mean arguments end pretty quickly when everybody just shrugs and walks away.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On the bright side, I've noticed that the forum is way more active when these arguments get heated.
This is absolute true. Most of the treads that I have started all die after 3 or 4 pages. The thread "WC punch" last for 11 pages so far.

In another CMA forum, after few major persons left, that forum is almost dead.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is absolute true. Most of the treads that I have started all die after 3 or 4 pages. The thread "WC punch" last for 11 pages so far.

Of course John, because when you make well reasoned assertions, others may agree or not, but either way there's no argument. ;)

Latest Discussions