Does the old attitude of bullies exist still

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
you do have a point there are bullies attracted to mma cause what they are seeing is the sheer combat and ruthlessness of it all but when they see how hard mm fighters have to work like real mma fighters they never last long
Wow don't tell me someone actually understood the post lol yeah mma attracts more now simply because of it's reputation from the general public right or wrong but I never said they'd stick at it and I never said traditional martial arts had no bullies either

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow don't tell me someone actually understood the post lol yeah mma attracts more now simply because of it's reputation from the general public right or wrong but I never said they'd stick at it and I never said traditional martial arts had no bullies either
there will bullies in every form of martial art that's given because especially if its something that gym or dojo has been allowing that student to do for a while cause of whatever reason but they always get theirs something I could never stand was a bully especially in the gym or dojo

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remind me again how long you've been training MMA and how many MMA gyms you've been training in as well as how many fights you've had? And do tell us exactly how you know for certain that all MMA gyms attract bullies?

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Remind me again how long you've been training MMA and how many MMA gyms you've been training in as well as how many fights you've had? And do tell us exactly how you know for certain that all MMA gyms attract bullies?
what he say is very real statement I have seen and dealt with a few times tbh and in tma gyms as well its a common thing

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
its a respect thing 95 percent of the time

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've trained in about 3 or 4 mma gyms and boxing and kickboxing gyms for about 6 or 7 years I've had about 5 kicboxing fights and about to have my first boxing fight and have sparred with plenty of mma fighters and worked out with them so yeah again nice assumptions dear

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've trained in about 3 or 4 mma gyms and boxing and kickboxing gyms for about 6 or 7 years I've had about 5 kicboxing fights and about to have my first boxing fight and have sparred with plenty of mma fighters and worked out with them so yeah again nice assumptions dear

So many (that is sarcasm) and you think you know all about MMA, amazing. I'm not making assumptions by the way, 3 or 4 ( which is it?) gyms are nothing, kick boxing and boxing aren't MMA which is what you seem to keen to portray in a bad light. You are the one making assumptions, are all those you've trained with bullies then? Actually with you calling me a liar and trying to shout me down in other threads perhaps you are correct, bullies like you are perhaps attracted to MMA gyms, 3 or 4 eh, and you didn't stay long at any of them? Disagree with us ( not just me btw) all you like, it won't make you right lol.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
cant we all just get alone we are all warriors its no point in arguing amongst ourselves I know debates can get out of hand sometimes but lets not make this one bigger then it needs to be please

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Whatever you say

Last edited:
OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
cant we all just get alone we are all warriors its no point in arguing amongst ourselves I know debates can get out of hand sometimes but lets not make this one bigger then it needs to be please
I've got no problem with anyone I was simply making a point now I'm getting called a bully for some reason

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So many (that is sarcasm) and you think you know all about MMA, amazing. I'm not making assumptions by the way, 3 or 4 ( which is it?) gyms are nothing, kick boxing and boxing aren't MMA which is what you seem to keen to portray in a bad light. You are the one making assumptions, are all those you've trained with bullies then? Actually with you calling me a liar and trying to shout me down in other threads perhaps you are correct, bullies like you are perhaps attracted to MMA gyms, 3 or 4 eh, and you didn't stay long at any of them? Disagree with us ( not just me btw) all you like, it won't make you right lol.
Did I say they every single person was no I didn't learn to read properly all I said is these days they'd be attracted to it more simple as that

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're new here, right? :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I say they every single person was no I didn't learn to read properly all I said is these days they'd be attracted to it more simple as that

Lol, calm down, you are making a statement here that you have no proof for and is instead just speculation on your part. I do like this part of your post though "I didn't learn to read properly" very brave of you to say that.

Skullpunch

Green Belt
Reaction score
From my experience in jiujitsu the bullies don't last long, most of them never get through the initial douchebag filter. There is one and only one way to get good at grappling and that's to roll with people your level or higher and get tapped out thousands of times - which means thousands of times someone could literally have killed you if they wanted. The prototypical bully's ego is too fragile to handle that and most of them get filtered out very early. There are, of course, exceptions, but for the most part you get humbled pretty fast if you stick with it. The ego literally gets beaten and ground out of you.

Judo was kind of the same. It takes a good year or two before you get good enough at just 2 or 3 throws to be able to use them in randori, until then you're pretty much just getting beat up everyday.