Do you carry a blade on a regular basis?

Do you carry a blade regularly?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

joeygil

Green Belt
Reaction score
I use to carry at least one folder at all times but after 911 and all the regulations on flying and such I got out of the habit lest I forgot going to the airport and lost one of my favorite friends. I find these days my keys function for most knife functions especially those great long import keys with all those jagged edges.

Lucky for you, the FAA has repealed the rules against knives and boxcutters on planes. But Shampoo is still out for some reason. I find it kind of strange, as there's examples of knives used in hi-jack situations (obviously), but nothing I can think of with exploding cosmetics...

Anyways, I usually carry a small (2 3/4" SpyderCo) for utility. It's been said, there are two types of people - those that carry knives, and those that borrow them.

Not suprising there's a majority of yeses on the FMA forum. Curious how this would do on the general forum.

baron

Orange Belt
Reaction score
no i do not carry a knife but maybe i should, i am getting a little tired of opening packages like tools and toys with my teeth or a pen if handy. i just dont like to have a lot of items in my pocket.

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, i never carry any type of blade on me....mainly because it's illegal.

To those of you have said they carry a blade for self defence: Have you ever had to use it? Are you the first to produce a weapon?

Ohhh....so many questions running through my head...i think i should take my meds now.....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no i do not carry a knife but maybe i should, i am getting a little tired of opening packages like tools and toys with my teeth or a pen if handy. i just dont like to have a lot of items in my pocket.

I have a very small keychain blade for this purpose.

It also has a small flashlight on it, which was handy two nights ago when the power went out while I was in a movi etheater bathroom. Of course, I could also have used my cellphone as an emergency light source!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Lucky for you, the FAA has repealed the rules against knives and boxcutters on planes. But Shampoo is still out for some reason. I find it kind of strange, as there's examples of knives used in hi-jack situations (obviously), but nothing I can think of with exploding cosmetics...

I looked at the TSA website last week, knives and razors were still not allowed but you could take a screwdriver as long as the overall length was less than 7 inches....

Lamont

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could defend myself adequately well against a terrorist with a boxcutter if I had a 7" screwdriver...

joeygil

Green Belt
Reaction score
I looked at the TSA website last week, knives and razors were still not allowed but you could take a screwdriver as long as the overall length was less than 7 inches....

Lamont

I stand corrected. I guess the local news was wrong.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I always do, I took knife fighting classes on the side as a recommended course from a friend. Now a days you can't be to careful

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Have you tried opening a kid's toy lately? The toy is secured with a ridiculous amout of tiewires :erg:
I use my folding knives for every day purposes like this all the time.

Every day!?! You must be beloved by every kid you know... or you're a little creepier than we thought... ^_^

windwalker

White Belt
Reaction score
I've carried one everyday since grade school. Never used it as a weapon but have used it as a tool almost daily. I taught my sons how to sharpen and care for a knife and gave each of them one when they turned seven. Of course it's no longer OK to carry them in school. Times have changed...

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
I carry a pocket knife everywhere it isn't a felony, and have since I was 7 years old. (When I was in school, so did everyone else, and it wasn't a crime. Not once was anyone stabbed or cut.)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I carry at least one on me at all times.
One is for every day use if I have another it is for other things