Distance is your friend?!?

B

brianhunter

Thought some Kenpo concepts applied here ;)

Attachments

• $bullwhip.gif
    $bullwhip.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 243

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter

Thought some Kenpo concepts applied here ;)

ERRR...Brian....From the look on the Green guy's face...
the old phrase that Mr. Parker used to say comes to mind...
"We fight and make love at the same distance"?
Sorry, but that green guy just looks WAY TOO HAPPY to be there!

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting and funny in a poignant, truthful sort of fashion. In the old days of real telephone booths, we used to find one and practice fighting in it. To quote my old instructor, "If you're close enough, there's room enough".

Dan

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Artists,
As a user of whips in manners martial, Indy is being an idiot. A "Dog whip (Sorry Gou)", about foot and a half long works wonders at close range. Also, the butt end of a bullwhip can be shot loaded and can be used as a very effective club. Also as there are knifes concealed in anything, I could see a concealed weapon oppurtunity here.
Just some food for thought,

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hollywood1340

Fellow Artists,
As a user of whips in manners martial, Indy is being an idiot. A "Dog whip (Sorry Gou)", about foot and a half long works wonders at close range. Also, the butt end of a bullwhip can be shot loaded and can be used as a very effective club. Also as there are knifes concealed in anything, I could see a concealed weapon oppurtunity here.
Just some food for thought,

There's one in every crowd. :shrug:

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Hollywood1340

Fellow Artists,
A "Dog whip (Sorry Gou)", about foot and a half long works

That isn't one of those kinky sex whips now is it....??:eek: Now i am worried about hollywood! :)
Just kidding!

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jeff,
See image below. It is used by sled dog drivers. Rules state the whip can't hit the dogs, so it's short enough that it won't. Makes nice little pop, pretty hard to crack because of it's length but when you get it, your image of distance and whips changes rapidly. The martial use of the whip is fascinting. And they make great toys. I'm not rich and can't afford myself a jet, but I still have something that hits about mach 1.2. They can cut and break bone, wrapping is immense fun. Kind of like Spideys webs if you work it right. I like singletails. The whole muliti-tail thing...yeah. Don't go for that. No need to worry. Just an Indiana Jone fan :D

Attachments

• $wq03.jpg
    $wq03.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 163
OP
B

brianhunter

ummm yeah.......some people take things too seriously.. smile guys laugh a little

OP
A

A Kenpo Student

I own a few whips, I was also thinking that you could just club that guy on the head. The end of the handle on a "cowboy" style whip is a hard metal knot.

Looks like Indiana Jones meets Shaggy to me.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I had to defend against a whip, was after drinking too much on a Saturday night. Made more difficult because my hands were handcuffed while...ah...never mind.;)

Latest Discussions