Techniques in TPW...

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Artists,
Okay after my umpteenth zillion time watching it, I can now name two teqniques in the entire movie. The first is Five Swords, done by the students in Master Lo's dojo. The second is done to one of the factory workers at the very end, Thundering Hammers. Any others you can pick out? (I'm a non EPAKer :( and am no longer dating someone who can give me this inormation, pause the movie, tell me in detail, then use me as a body to demonstrate the tech and the principles applied, extensions (If any) and other members of that technique family. Took us five hours to get through the movie)
Also, where does the "Kenpo is a combination of ancient fighting teqniques and modern scientific princpals, an unending flow of motion that can overwhelm any attacker......." come from?
Regards,

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaking Raining Lance is at the end in the warehouse. I think he used a partial of Ram and the Eagle inside the bar. Grip of Death also inside the bar. This is just from memory. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Recognized Grip of death, and I'll look for Raining Lance.

Attachments

• $105802.jpg
    $105802.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 145

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
After watching this movie several times I practiced grip of death for about 2 or 3 weeks before I really even thought about taking kenpo seriously. I know i missed some principles, and some of the more subtle moves in the tech. I felt i had an overall idea of the tech.

Sincerely,

JD

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have not seen the movie for a while now but I think right after five swords the other student did Snapping twig.

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I remember in the fight with the three guys in the gym, when Speakman got knocked to the ground he did a techinque called Encounter with danger.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by D_Brady

I have not seen the movie for a while now but I think right after five swords the other student did Snapping twig.

Also there was Detour from Doom/Swinging Pendelum in the Dojo scene. Just the beginning part of the tech. So it is a bit difficult to know for sure which one it was.

Latest Discussions