discouraged by the TKD community

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There were zero guys with my speed in the club I trained, instructors included.
A) Speed is only one aspect of a kick.
B) That doesn't say much since none of us have trained or even visited your old club.

Either way, from my experience your kicks are average at best. From the other responses here I'm guessing that's a consensus. What that says about your old club (or at least what you took from that club) is something for you to decide on your own.

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you missed my point there.

You replied that I need to factor in what level of practitioners my school had. I did.

As to your argument from consensus, if a disgruntled old poster dislikes you, and you post something impressive, which is more likely; that he takes back everything he said, or that he likens you to a pesky fly?

Think about that.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A) Speed is only one aspect of a kick.
B) That doesn't say much since none of us have trained or even visited your old club.

Either way, from my experience your kicks are average at best. From the other responses here I'm guessing that's a consensus. What that says about your old club (or at least what you took from that club) is something for you to decide on your own.
I would say calling them average is being very nice.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only meaningful comparison would someone who actually throws a chambered rear leg round kick....

If you want to know what kickers I like then my favorite in ring fighting is Melvin Manhoef
If I believed you at all or cared in the least I would look him up but,,,

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If my speed is above average and my technique is average, that would make above average.

This guy, who's a fighter, is smaller and lighter, without semi heavy shoes, an still slower than me.

But because you have no ego, you post yourself kicking at beginners speed? Heck, it worked on me, got me hook line and sinker like the trout I am.

We should meet up and work out. I'll bet we'd have fun.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You replied that I need to factor in what level of practitioners my school had. I did.

As to your argument from consensus, if a disgruntled old poster dislikes you, and you post something impressive, which is more likely; that he takes back everything he said, or that he likens you to a pesky fly?

Think about that.
I was suggesting that's one of two possibilities. I guess I was being too subtle-but then I've explained the other point a couple times to you and it results in just a looping conversation.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
But because you have no ego, you post yourself kicking at beginners speed? Heck, it worked on me, got me hook line and sinker like the trout I am.

We should meet up and work out. I'll bet we'd have fun.
Same here. I bit that bait too. He is mad at his mom because he’s grounded, so he is taking it out on us with these bedroom warrior videos.

Latest Discussions