disabilty getting in the way trying to learn a martial art

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all. Iv started a trial class in Tae kwon-do, Iv been statment as serverly dyslexic. That i have trouble with remembering things, writing that iv googled alot of my writing here hehe, talking, knowing left from right, difficulty learning a foreign language. Does anyone else have problerms like this of trying to learn a martial art. Iv been told there teaching someone that is deaf also. I was told it was expensive though i didnt realise how much that i also have young baby, there's limited martial arts around my way though i did like to learn something.

Though of the remembering I think iv been to 5 classes now and I can remember 3 different patterns/moves though its like my times tables i remembered them in school when i was consently going through them for a few weeks then on to the next 1 etc now i dont remember any really.
Firstly, my hat is off to you for training! How has it been going for you?

Taekwondo is a nice art to learn, as it can be fairly simple and at the same time, can achieve a great deal of depth.

Others have already address issues of training with regards to a disability, so I will direct you back to previous posts, which are better than what I would say anyway.

In term of keeping a disability from holding you back, I find this gent to be very inspiring.

http://www.certainvictory.com/

Enjoy!

Daniel

Latest Discussions