Digital Camera opinions wanted

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The in-laws plan on getting us one for Xmas. They want us to do the research on it and report back to them on what we want. The plan on spending about $225 on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of our neighbors is a professional photographer for a company that does the circular ads in the newspaper and catalogs and stuff like that. My daughter is very interested in photography and we asked his recommendation. He recommended the Nikon Cool Pix camera. Which was nice seeing as it's the same camera I already had. So we got her her own. It's a really great camera for the price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat99000050015&id=1134697745936

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Jade! That is one of the ones I've been looking at, along with the Sony Cybershot. I'm still in the stone age and do most of my photography with an old Nikon HP3 Titanium. So I'm a big fan of Nikon and their lenses.

Jeff

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a Sony cybershot it is a 1.3 mega pixes and has a 6x precission digitl zoom it has been the best camera for us it does it all video and makes great pics.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a Nikon CoolPix and really like it - easy to use, easy to connect, good memory, upgradeable, comes with software that is also easy to use.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had good luck with my Kodak Z7590 before I went DSLR. Think I paid around $250 for it.