Different Type of heavy bag

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Anyone have any thought about, or have had any experience with, this type of heavy bag

TITLE Boxing Orbital Heavy Bag

orhb-bk-rd_1.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nope. I'm sitting here thinking what I can use it for and I can't think of many things that would make me want to use it.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No. I can envision the thing start rotating unless you hit dead center on the top. Get a heavy bag.

If you practice stick fight, people do use this.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No. I can envision the thing start rotating unless you hit dead center on the top. Get a heavy bag.

If you practice stick fight, people do use this.

I have a heavy bag, 2 actually, and an uppercut bag. I just saw that and was wondering if anyone dealt with it. To be honest I can't see it being much good idea at all. They are claiming it is good for training various punches

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have a heavy bag, 2 actually, and an uppercut bag. I just saw that and was wondering if anyone dealt with it. To be honest I can't see it being much good idea at all. They are claiming it is good for training various punches
If I have room, I would get a upper cut bag. Just no room. I have two bags already. Unlike a lot of people, I do park my cars in the garage. I am actually thinking about putting in a 3rd car garage, not for an extra car, but make it a workout room with air conditioning.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If I have room, I would get a upper cut bag. Just no room. I have two bags already.

One of the 2 heavy bags is an old warrior I've had for many many years (Everlast), over40. It is beat up and coming apart, but I just can't seem to get rid of it. The other is a new leather bag that I guess I'm going to have to start using and give the old one a rest.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of the 2 heavy bags is an old warrior I've had for many many years (Everlast), over40. It is beat up and coming apart, but I just can't seem to get rid of it. The other is a new leather bag that I guess I'm going to have to start using and give the old one a rest.
Duck tape does magic. Get the wider duck tape. I need to get new ones also, but it's hard to find a good one. The old canvas Everlast is really good. I just cannot get rid of it also.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thought about, or have had any experience with, this type of heavy bag
The only thing I can imagine it being remotely good for is to use it kind of like a quintain.
So maybe you hit one side and then hit the other as it rotates towards you?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've never seen that donut shaped bag before. Having done a whole lot of bag work for ever, can't say I'd have any use for the donut.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Title claims......
  • Unique circle shape perfect for inside and outside hooks, uppercuts, overhand shots, straight jabs, head and body focal points
Frankly I don't see it

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Title claims......
  • Unique circle shape perfect for inside and outside hooks, uppercuts, overhand shots, straight jabs, head and body focal points
Frankly I don't see it
Maybe if you are throwing tight hooks to the inside of the bag and not the outside. Straight jabs would be air punches through the hole, I can't figure out the other stuff.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Title claims......
Frankly I don't see it
I don't either. It strikes me (see what I did there?) as "Let's wrap that old tire up in some canvas. I bet someone will buy it."

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't either. It strikes me (see what I did there?) as "Let's wrap that old tire up in some canvas. I bet someone will buy it."
I think you are right about the tire, but I think it's a good thing. It's out of the box thinking for them. As someone who punches without gloves I rather punch that than a tire. I just don't know how much use that would be simply because tires are use full for other things too like weapon strikes.

If I had a gym then I would probably have something like this instead of a tire. As long as it can swing or turn, then I could get a good workout "punching the gaps" (the hole in the bag), I definitely wouldn't use it for weapon training. Ultimately for me before I use this. I would get more mileage hanging tennis balls from the ceiling and using that as a target practice. Then I could swing them and punch in between swings.

At the moment the most I can see from the bag is a gym that wants people to think that they are getting more than what they really are getting. Sort of like the punching bags in the gym that I'm in now. Looks good, but only a few people actually use it.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Funny you should say that, it just hit me (see what I just did) that I have a hand held kicking target that is basically a truck tire tube covered with canvas

Latest Discussions