Did we really go to the Moon?

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
A previous thread inspired me to ask the question to inspire DEBATE, not ARGUEMENTS.

Do you believe the US or any other country landed on the Moon, and returned to Earth? If so, why do you believe this? If not, then why? What do know or have heard/read/seen to support your answers? Reputable references are appreciated.

Thanks again!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes. I saw it on tv, and tv never lies.

That and all the stuff that says we didn't is silly and discredited.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A previous thread inspired me to ask the question to inspire DEBATE, not ARGUEMENTS.

Do you believe the US or any other country landed on the Moon, and returned to Earth? If so, why do you believe this? If not, then why? What do know or have heard/read/seen to support your answers? Reputable references are appreciated.

Thanks again!
Everyone has to admit that it is a possibility, however slight, that the moonlanding was done on a Hollywood set.
Sean

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not sure it is a slight possibility, I think it's a distinct possibility.

There's lots of open questions, like why was thier anomolies with the films?

I don't really know enough about the whole thing, having not really studied it but these guys http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html seem to have done. There's loads of other site like this.

I wonder why they would fake it? Well one reason seems to be to win the space race therefore get power and glory for landing there. Another reason seems to be to save money... hey why buy it when you can fake it?

Saying that this site http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm by Nasa sems to attack most of the theories.

Personally I think it's possible that it was faked, but if it wasn't, it was a great feat.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to be a big supporter of humans in outer-space (including earth's moon) but I'm not so sure now. It seems that our bodies are designed to functin with gravity and can develop problems when it is missing for extended periods of time.
good points... unless medicine figures it out, we will need some form of artificially recreating gravity.

Then, one wonders how things would function on planets with different mass... How would things change w/ 1/6 gravity (moon) or 2* gravity (some weirdo planet)... can't easily recreate earth gravity on another body.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are expecting from this thread, but we don't even necessarily agree that the moon really exists.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48138&page=7

;)
If we all closed our eyes God still sees the moon and God hears the tree fall in the forrest if we all plugged our ears. That is the answer to that philisophical question; however, if you don't believe in a higher being, faith in science covers all bases otherwise not covered.
Sean

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope, no moon landing. We were all PUNK'D! Good one, Ashton Kutcher!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nope never went there, we just like spending billions of dollars on a space program to pull of the biggest practical joke in the history of the planet.

Or it could be we never went there because we don’t exist.

There are am infinite number of starts in the universe and a finite number of people and mathematically if you divide a VERY small number by a VERY large number the result come out so close to zero that it is called zero therefore we do not exist so we could not have ever gone there...

And POOF I disappeared in a puff of logic.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This may be off topic because I don't know if we really went to the moon or not but I do know I have been mooned a few times

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope never went there, we just like spending billions of dollars on a space program to pull of the biggest practical joke in the history of the planet.

Or it could be we never went there because we don’t exist.

There are am infinite number of starts in the universe and a finite number of people and mathematically if you divide a VERY small number by a VERY large number the result come out so close to zero that it is called zero therefore we do not exist so we could not have ever gone there...

And POOF I disappeared in a puff of logic.

And of course there is the problem that one could never reach the moon even if one tried.
icon10.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well all I know is when they landed we gpt to watch it on tv in the classroom and that was good enough for me and all of the other elementary kids no homework it was a great day for the school childern.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well all I know is when they landed we gpt to watch it on tv in the classroom and that was good enough for me and all of the other elementary kids no homework it was a great day for the school childern.

There you go Terry that absolutely is undeniable proof!
icon10.gif

Really if you look at Xue Shengs last post why would we poor so much money into NASA if we never got any results out of it.

Also think of this how could you keep it a secret? Wouldn't someone on the inside talk eventually? People just love to tell secrets...

Yes we landed on the moon. It is true. Yep we did it. Plus it was really cool and any day that the kid's did not have to have homework and had a great day is a plus as well!
icon14.gif

Stan

Green Belt
Reaction score
If the Cold War was a big enough motivation for the U.S. to fake the moon landing, then don't you think it would be a big enough motivation for the USSR to expose the fake? Is anyone saying that a bunch of amateurs on YouTube have discovered conclusive evidence for a fraud that the KGB missed for two decades?

Now how plausable is that?

The biggest question here, already asked above, is WHY would the US fake a moon landing.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Plus getting the microwave reflectors set up there by remote control. And the bits of lunar lander and so on which are visible from above with the best telescopes. And the difficulty of having that many people keep that big a secret. It would be easier to just build a rocket and fly to the moon than it would be to do all of that.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never seen any undeniable evidence that it wasn't faked.

But then, I've never seen any credible evidence that it was.

On the face, the statement that we did, in fact, go to the moon is more plausible than the idea that it was faked. In absence of credible evidence to the contrary, I believe we went and came back.

Assuming the moon exists at all.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll take Buzz Aldrin's word for it, and fully support his right to punch anybody in the face who says otherwise.

If it was a hoax, why send more than one mission?

24 people on the moon in 6 different landings.

Latest Discussions